August Weekly Check-Ins

Options
Please post your weekly check ins here for the whole month of August.

There will be a new weekly check in topic each month as well as a new monthly goal thread for each month.

Format -

Weekly Check-In

Name:
Date:

The Good

Diet -
    Fitness -
    Self -Image -
    The Meh Diet -
    Fitness -
    [Self-Image - We do enough criticism in this area without any extra focus on it... go back and reread your good self-image points for the week and no need to fill this part out.]

Replies

• shutupandlift13
    shutupandlift13 Posts: 727 Member
    Options
    Weekly Check-In

Name: Rebecca
    Date: 8/5/2013
    Ht: 5'8
    Wt: 170lbs... an all too familiar number haha

The Good

Diet - No binging or purging now for all of August (5 days, lulz) but actually haven't had any problems for going on 8 days

Fitness - Kind of took a little break last week, got a couple workouts in just for sanity. I was very active at work this week with surveying for 10 hours everyday. I was able to get together my new strength program and was really excited to start that today.

Self -Image - I think we have one of those fun house mirrors in the women's locker room at the new gym haha, I walked in there today and thought, "wow, I'm looking pretty fit today." Fun house mirrors or not, I'll take it.

The Meh

Diet - Macros... what a joke... but baby steps, deficit and no irrational food responses last week was definitely a win, better deficit and macros this week :)

Fitness - Sat on my rear most of the week, needed a little mental deload. Dealing with cancelling gym contracts, finding a new gym, working out at my Craigslist gym downstairs. Mostly just worked out when I felt like it, which wasn't very often. Back to routine this week.
  • jamiek917
    jamiek917 Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    ^^ Rebecca- you look pretty damn amazing, even though you likely dont see it

Name: Jamie
    Ht: 5'6
    Wt: 179 lbs

Diet - No binges for a few weeks. For several weeks, been going over half the week- by a few hundred at most, but its just causing me to stay between 178-181 for almost 2 months. the other half the time- im dead on. trying to break through this funk,m and no clue why its been so hard for me to do so.

Fitness - halfway done with Stage 6 of NROL4W. LOVE it. i have consistently lifted the recommended 3x a week since starting the program on 1 April, and 2-3 of my off days each week are cardio, plus 1-2 rest days. i feel amazing. looking forward to building a 4x a week lifting program when i finish NROL

Self -Image - i actually feel ok. while im not anywhere where i want to be, my body feels and looks so much better than it did around New Yrs when i was 12 or so lbs heavier. and i can see the difference from lifting (except in my thighs ;-( ) i just want to regain the willpower to be consistent 6-7x a week, where maybe 1x a week or every 2 weeks i can eat an extra 500 or so cals and it wont matter.
  • evedroid
    evedroid Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    very rough, emotionally unstable and mentally draining week behind.

eve
    5-11 august

the booyah:
    diet: hit my minimum protein (90g) every day, over 100g 6days. have had a couple of drinks (low alcohol wine) but no madness, which is amazing, considering the state i was in all week.
    exercise: new pr on 8reps of squat.

the boo:
    diet: been over once (eating on tdee once a week tops if needed-'splurge' for sanity) but binged on 3.5k on friday aka rockbottom day. whatever, since im cutting calories, my binges arent that ginormous than before.
    exercise: had to take an extra rest day due to my mental state reflecting on my health and feeling physically rough too. lifted 3x but ditched my 1x cardio. (unless i decide to go for a jog this evening, which is not likely.) ah well.
  • ItsCasey
    ItsCasey Posts: 4,022 Member
    Options
    Weekly Check-In

Name: Casey
    Date: August 11

The Good

Diet - I was under my calorie goal for the week.

Fitness - PRed my back squat and my bench press this week. I also bought a new bench which should improve my BP even more, now that my feet will touch the floor and I won't have to use blocks!

Self -Image - I got over the weighing every day thing and just weighed on my weigh-in day. Lo and behold, I was at my lowest recorded weight yet, and I lost inches everywhere but biceps and calves. I feel like this is a minor break-through for me because I usually let my morning weigh-in dictate how I feel all day long.

The Meh

Diet - Very erratic eating patterns all week. My appetite was weird, and I had to force myself to eat a few days.

Fitness - I'm having some mental issues with my deadlifts lately. I struggle with getting the first rep off the floor on my heavy sets, but the remaining reps come up as normal, so I really need to get some clarity on this issue. It's something I've been discussing with my strength coach, and he given me some mental tips, as well as some guidance on some corrective drills I can do to work on my pulls.
  • shutupandlift13
    Options
    Weekly Check-In

Wt: Not checking it until next week sometime

The Good

Diet - No binging or purging now for over two weeks, staying at the very least at maintenance, usually below for a weekly average

Fitness - Deadlift back up to 225lbs which was nice, OHP back up to 77.5lbs which is 2.5lbs away from my 1RM, ran a little bit.

Self -Image - I dunno, kind of a wonky week, decided to start presenting myself better when out in public so that's a start

The Meh

Diet - Macros were better... still could improve a bunch

Fitness - Squats... horrendous, had to bail out on my last rep at 155x3. I have decided that squats will be an AM or early PM workout, can't do them fasted for so long it seems. Plus my nutrition wasn't fantastic last week, really screws with me.
  • evedroid
    evedroid Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    eve
    12-18 aug

the booyah

diet: my water intake was good this week, per usual. and thats about the only positive thing i can bring up.
    exercise: lifting went alright, my strength is improving with each session.
    self image: got compliments on my biceps from my mate while pulling my hair up in a pony tail. he also is into lifting but knows not much about form and wants my advise and to help him out with a lifting program/ideas on workout.

the boo

diet: awful week. 3 alright days, 4 super over days. it was our anniversary weekend outings with my boyfriend which included lots of walking, but lots of eating, drinking and general pigging out. i hate my mindset and that i cant be on control and go on a full blown binge when i have an excuse.
    exercise: no cardio day again. lazy.
    self image: the back-to-back 3 days of crap intake screwed with my head and i literally feel awful, miserable, fat and worthless. gotta give myself a slap and pull this together, because i can recognise the (eating) disordered thoughts creeping back on me.
  • shutupandlift13
    Options
    Weekly Check-In

Wt: Who cares?

The Good

Diet - No binging or purging now for three weeks, staying at the very least at maintenance, usually below for a weekly average

Fitness - Workouts were okay, at least got in all the working sets for everything. Running was a little slacking.

Self -Image - Feeling pretty good in spite of clearly not losing anything and carting around a lot of water weight from my carbaholism.

The Meh

Diet - Macros were better... still could improve a bunch... again...

Fitness - Working sets went decently on everything this week but I think I am going to repeat this week of the cycle, I had a good eating day today and sleep is better so I'd like to go at 5s week hitting on all four cylinders.
  • jamiek917
    jamiek917 Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    see this is what happens when i lost most of my MFP access at work (and my hubby had our computer with him during his 6 weeks away for training- so i didnt post from my phone)

ok here we go
    Weekly Check-In

Name: Jamie
    Date: 8/21/2013
    Ht: 5'6
    Wt: 181

Diet - my time in NY/NJ for 6 days threw me off, then i got back on the ball for 2 whole days before my husband came home from training. i was on day shift all day and then wanted to spend the first few nights with him- which meant no workouts for 4 days, eating out more, and not caring about tracking. i know i know- no good. been good sunday- today, other than going a few hundred over last night while drinking wine and munching on tostitos at a friends house. nothing horrific, but def over. i have 3 day shifts, one of which includes a luncheon- so i just need to stay focused. its not just a matter of losing weight-- its a matter of feeling proud of myself for staying in control. and i want that feeling back.

Fitness - going 4 days without working out was making me crazy! glad to be back at it. tomorrow is my last NROL4W stage 6 workout- then 6 workouts of stage 7 and im done! workouts have been great- but because this stage is short- ive been adding some exercises in at the end, which i shouldnt do, but whatever. a MFP friend of mine who is a bigger fitness guru than i am is helping me build a new program for when i get back from greece in mid september- looking forward to it

Self -Image - Feeling good- again, just want to get back in control and stop sounding like a broken record.
  • shutupandlift13
    Options
    Everything will roll over to the new September threads. Hope you are all doing well!