Quick & easy dinner ideas?

Options
eleonora1809
eleonora1809 Posts: 85 Member
I always have fulfilling breakfast & lunch, but always worried and confused on what to have for dinner.
I usually just eat 2 sweet potatoes & protein shake for dinner. But I’m bored lol
Any easy, healthy & satisfying dinner ideas that can be make at home?

Replies

• sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    Options
    Skinnytaste.com has great recipes and ideas. What kind of things do you like to eat? I love soups and stews, I make them in bulk and freeze them. I love making omelets - you can really bulk it up with veggies and eggwhites to make it big and fluffy. Bulking up your foods with vegetables can help, meal prepping chicken breast or meatballs (not sure if you are vegetarian or not, if you are whatever protein source you chose) then you can just defrost and add to dishes with vegetables and some pasta,rice or potatoes.
  • eleonora1809
    eleonora1809 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    sardelsa wrote: »
    Skinnytaste.com has great recipes and ideas. What kind of things do you like to eat? I love soups and stews, I make them in bulk and freeze them. I love making omelets - you can really bulk it up with veggies and eggwhites to make it big and fluffy. Bulking up your foods with vegetables can help, meal prepping chicken breast or meatballs (not sure if you are vegetarian or not, if you are whatever protein source you chose) then you can just defrost and add to dishes with vegetables and some pasta,rice or potatoes.

Thanks! I’ll check their recipes out :smiley:
    I’m not a vegetarian but I don’t eat red meat.
    I like seafood, fruits & veggies. I prefer a quick meal where I don’t have to cook (lazy) haha but omelettes & veggies with egg whites seems pretty easy!
  • theknitpicker
    theknitpicker Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    I am such a fan of omelettes - I can be so lazy in the evenings... and when you add in whatever assorted fridge veggies you have left/take your fancy they can be super filling for minimal effort.

I also try and cook up a few chicken breasts to just have on call during the week to - again - dump on my plate with random veggies. And cans of tuna are a TOTAL LIFESAVER. Lazy me likes to literally just dump out a can on a plate, salt, pepper, lemon juice, and have with some spinach (because I actually am in love with spinach) and boiled potatoes tossed in wholegrain mustard and then voila! Sometimes with a hardboiled egg if I'm feelin' fancy 7 have the cals to spare. Feels feasty because potatoes, but is still light and lazy!

I don't like to spend more than 10 mins in effort most nights :D
  • Abzuran
    Abzuran Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I love this:

Tilda instant rice bag (golden veg rice)
    2 fried/scrambled/poached eggs
    Grilled cup mushrooms with garlic powder.

Depending on your portion sizes it adds to about 550 calories and is really tasty. I cooked it all in 10 minutes and used the same pans for frying the eggs and mushrooms, the rice microwaves in 2 minutes and doesn't dry out at all! I'm not veggie so sometimes replace the mushrooms with chicken but this is a great recipe for vegetarians too.

My other alternative (very lazy I know!) is a portion of pasta and cheese, plus a protein shake. That's my meal when I've hit utmost exhaustion. Quick, not complicated and gets my macro balance on point. :)
  • canadjineh
    canadjineh Posts: 5,396 Member
    Options
    I love chicken breasts slathered with mayo and topped with grated Parmesan then baked. It makes a yummy crust and then I have shredded romaine and fresh spinach topped with pecans or walnuts and a good evoo vinaigrette. Half an avocado on the side with lots of salt & pepper. I eat low carb. Easy quick dinner.
  • FormerlyWallyAmadeus
    FormerlyWallyAmadeus Posts: 35 Member
    edited April 2018
    Options
    I make "bowls": a healthy grain, a protein, vegetables.

I'll make a batch of enough cooked grains in a rice cooker to last 2 days, defrost some packaged vegetables and put them in Pyrex containers uncooked, and buy some pre prepared proteins (I'm a vegetarian, so this means frozen veggie burgers, eg.).

Dinner is heating up a deep skillet with a touch of oil, throw in the protein, cook to taste, veggies and then grains. I can change the "cuisine" depending upon what kind of dressing I put on the bowl, e.g. non fat Vadilia onion salad dressing is one of my favorites.

I like bowls because I can do 70% of the work in advance, it is a 'real' meal, with protein, grain and vegetables, and clean up is very easy.
  • HilTri
    HilTri Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    I buy rotisserie chickens at Costco (3-4) at a time. I debone them so I always have delicious cooked chicken on hand to throw in a salad.
  • LDBianca
    LDBianca Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    My lazy week day dinner is quickly cooking some lean ground beef and mixing it with a taco spice pack and a bit of water. Then throw that in a protein tortilla with a bit of cheese, sour cream, store bought guacamole, and store bought pico and you have yourself a quick dinner and leftovers. If I have the calories, I usually will include a scoop of 10 minute basmati rice.
  • HoneyBadger302
    HoneyBadger302 Posts: 1,970 Member
    Options
    Frequent dinner for me when I'm lazy or in a hurry is a lightly pan fried tuna steak, steam or pan fry some frozen veggies (fresh if I have them), and often that's it. If I'm feeling "ambitious" or haven't met my calories yet, I may throw some rice in the rice cooker or add some potatoes to the veggies.
  • TrinityR05
    TrinityR05 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    canned salmon with frozen mixed veggies or salad. quick 60 sec heat up quinoa with frozen cauliflower. beef with taco shells. grilled chicken on the george foreman grill with salad, etc.