Say something Nice about you Illness

Options
HappyKat5
HappyKat5 Posts: 369 Member
So, many times, illness is seen as a negative thing. But, I have exactly learned a lot about myself and I feel I've grown as a person. So, I wanted to dedicated this thread to being about positivity.

I'll go first :)

I learn about my priorities. Things, that I thought were so important (that I stressed about) aren't really that important. I value experiences more than material things even a trip to the store are so rewarding more than the things that I purchase...okay, unless they're shoes :D

Replies

• singingflutelady
    singingflutelady Posts: 8,736 Member
    Options
    Well having an ostomy means less time in the bathroom which in turn decreases the amount of money spent on reading materials
  • HappyKat5
    Options
    @singingflutelady Even though I have been reversed (it sounds so high tech) I sometimes, envy the time I had with my bags (I named all of them Pickles) I would change them about every 2 days IF I could secure a good seal because I could see that some of me still WORKED with seeing the output. I now have to really look at my diet and what slows me down. It has made me see food in a whole new light. Sometimes, I like the changes and some days I’m downright cranky, but I have really learned to enjoy the my food and I give Thanks for it.
  • purebredpolly
    purebredpolly Posts: 318 Member
    Options
    The fact that I now have to really pay attention to every morsel of food I ingest has improved my relationship with food drastically. Overeating, or ingesting too much fat will through me clean under the bus.
  • HappyKat5
    Options
    I too, appreciate food so much more. For the last 2 months, I have really tried to eat more respectfully, I have no particular diet but I do appreciate every food and taste.