Reylo motivation

Options
wiremog
wiremog Posts: 34 Member
Hello Reylos! Hope you're having a good week.

I signed up for this group when it was created, but I wasn't in a good place when it came to exercise or really doing anything kind for my body at all at that point so didn't join in. Starting to think I might suffer a little from SAD, as I feel so much stronger and able to achieve a balance since the days started getting longer and brighter :)

I've just started a bit of a health kick, giving up alcohol for 21 days and getting into a rhythm with working out and eating healthily. It's going well so far (but I did crack and buy some cigarettes this evening to replace some of the 'relaxation factor' of my evening glass of wine - nobody's perfect, lol!)

Anyhoo, I'm interested in hearing why everyone else is here and what motivates you about Reylo specifically? Apart from Adam and Daisy being insanely hot, fit people, I gotta admit to TLJ having reminded me how long I've been single and how I need to get back 'out there' so to speak. I'd like to find my own Ben Solo and I want to feel better about myself before I dive into that particular bramble hedge!!!

How about you guys?

Xx

Replies

• cassandrac915
    cassandrac915 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I wanted to give this question some thought before answering. There's a whole process that I went through in my head after TFA and trying to figure out my own reactions. I think some of the inspiration for me comes from seeing Reylo as representing passion, something that has been lacking in my own life tbh. So with exercise, if I'm not chatting with friends (I can't get anyone to do stuff with me regularly, but once in a while I'm not alone in the gym.) or thinking about SW theories, then I'm thinking about sex. Not in the direct, fantasy kind of way, but more in terms of what I will be able to do when I'm leaner, stronger, more flexible. TMI, perhaps, but I see Kylo lifting Rey easily to carry her off the battlefield, and I'm reminded that I would love to have crazy, passionate, "pick-me-up-and-push-me-into-a-wall" sessions. Try an absurd variety of positions as I become more flexible, go for longer as I build endurance, become more attractive/seductive as I learn more tricks in pole dance class. The other benefits (such as improved mental health) were probably not the "why" of it, but I have also been enjoying those unforeseen beneficial side effects.