Ketosis Experience: Dr. Berg Style

Hi, I've been doing OMAD for about a month and a half. I've been researching Ketosis via Dr. Berg, DC's channel on Youtube. It sounds intriguing enough to experiment with. Anybody have any experience with this diet?

Replies

• DarthWaderMT
    DarthWaderMT Posts: 231 Member
    I am on 6th week of OMAD, and first week of Keto and I am loving it! It might not be for everyone, but I think most people should at least try it, unless they are completely happy with their health and way of eating as it stands. Try Professor Jeff Volek, he has been studying in this diet for over 20 years, and has some great you tube lectures.
  • DarthWaderMT
    cscqxpd5cwj3.jpg

My supper tonight. aprox. 20 grams carbs
  • EstrangedTiger
    EstrangedTiger Posts: 543 Member
    Hi, I've been doing OMAD for about a month and a half. I've been researching Ketosis via Dr. Berg, DC's channel on Youtube. It sounds intriguing enough to experiment with. Anybody have any experience with this diet?

I do this mostly. Makes me feel like a million bucks. More energy, zero brain fog. Built in appetite control. Also, I recover easier from having a “bad” eating day.

Warning: You have to commit. Eat your greens. Supplement electrolytes. Really pay attention to the details.

Keto isn’t for everyone, however.

• DarthWaderMT
    OMAD fasting has really put me more in touch with my body. I am showing lots of signs of insulin resistance. I hope its not to late, going to try this, no more carbs other than what is in my non starchy veggies. i hope it helps. I probably should see a doctor, but I am afraid I will be put on meds . Ugh, gonna see if this helps first.
  • arguablysamson
    arguablysamson Posts: 1,706 Member
    OMAD fasting has really put me more in touch with my body. I am showing lots of signs of insulin resistance. I hope its not to late, going to try this, no more carbs other than what is in my non starchy veggies. i hope it helps. I probably should see a doctor, but I am afraid I will be put on meds . Ugh, gonna see if this helps first.

Fasting will break insulin resistance no problem. In extreme cases, a dry fasting is needed, but this is super-rare. People who overproduce too much insulin at a meal on an ongoing basis can take the more drastic approach, but it almost isn't needed. Don't restrict all carbs, just junk sugars, if you must.
  • DarthWaderMT
    some people do great on carbs. After just one week of restricting, i feel better, so maybe am not one of these, i will stick to that and see if the trend continues. Strange thing is, I absolutely am no longer craving carbs at all, so maybe my body is aligning with my mind. But if the afternoon crashes continue, maybe a longer fast is in order.
  • arguablysamson
    arguablysamson Posts: 1,706 Member
    Hey, do what works; the beauty of OMAD is no required restriction diet...except as said restrictions help you, of course. Whatever is sustainable.
  • DarthWaderMT
    Well said bro! we don't want to fall into following any diet dogma, as that would be falling right back into food slavery, been there done that!
  • EstrangedTiger
    @DarthWaderMT Knowing yourself, being introspective - is half of the battle!
  • minigrrll
    minigrrll Posts: 1,590 Member
    I don't restrict carbs in my one meal, but i do go into ketosis every day at around 14-16 hours fasted. I know this because i have a blood tester that measures ketones.
  • EstrangedTiger
    minigrrll wrote: »
    I don't restrict carbs in my one meal, but i do go into ketosis every day at around 14-16 hours fasted. I know this because i have a blood tester that measures ketones.

Makes sense. The fast burns up the stored sugar.

• minigrrll
    minigrrll Posts: 1,590 Member

Yup. Takes more or less time depending on how carb-heavy my meal was...
  • EstrangedTiger

Yup. Takes more or less time depending on how carb-heavy my meal was...

It’s a cool metabolism “hack”, as the online folks are saying today.