High blood pressure

Options
2»

Replies

• tcunbeliever
    tcunbeliever Posts: 8,219 Member
    Options
    It definitely lowered his BP out of high and into borderline...it was down to normal at one point, but then he went on a trip and didn't keep up with his supplements and it went back up to borderline, which is where it is now. I don't know what dosage he's taking, a lot, 3x/day. He takes the powder and mixes it with water, sometimes juice...I'll see if I can get the dosage from him.
  • LoveJoyFood
    LoveJoyFood Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    How is your magnesium? I have read that a good magnesium supplement or foods rich in magnesium help the elasticity of blood vessels, thus bringing down the blood pressure a little bit. You may want to do a little research on it.
  • rnjenny8599
    rnjenny8599 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Are you taking an NSAID for pain? ;earned from experience it will drive BP straight up.
  • nvmomketo
    nvmomketo Posts: 12,019 Member
    edited June 2018
    Options
    mmultanen wrote: »
    I had to monitor mine for years, but it got back into a healthy range when I went off hormonal birth control years ago. I've been low carb for roughly 3 years now. I haven't monitored in that time. two weeks ago I went to urgent care for stitches to my hand (kitchen mishap. :o ) and was surprised at how high my blood pressure was. They checked it 3 times, decided it was likely due to the stress of the situation but now I'm wondering if i should start monitoring again.....

Ouch! Is it healing well?
    My guess is the high BP was caused by the situation.

ETA my BP has not really changed from low carb. It's usually 90-110 / 50-65. Doctors tend to take it, pause, and then ask what it normally is. Once I tell them it's usually towards the low end, they relax and move on.