New to the Group

Options
HoneyBadger302
HoneyBadger302 Posts: 1,999 Member
Hi everyone, just figured I'd post up a quick introduction!

I'm a 39 (almost 40 :s ), 5'7", currently around 153 on morning weigh ins.

Definitely have some excess body fat, but have also put on muscle. Thinking I'd like to get down to 140 and reassess my body composition at that weight before I decide to lose anymore.

Throughout my 20's and into my very early 30's I was around 128lbs, fit, and pretty active. I looked and felt pretty good at that weight and found it easy to maintain - then I got the dreaded desk job, didn't add any additional, purposeful activity to my life, or change my eating habits, and the pounds crept on.

Had an all time high of ~163lbs (stopped weighing myself) when I couldn't fit into my fattest work pants. Got back into the mid 140s by dieting, then decided I needed to work on my fitness. Put some weight back on, but it was slowly dropping when I (badly) broke my leg. Last year dealing with that disaster much of the weight crept back on, up into the high 150s (around 158/159). Was finally able to return to the gym, and with fitness being my primary concern, AND putting muscle back on, losses have been slow (measured in months not weeks) but a steady trend none the less.

I feel pretty good about my fitness and what I'm able to do at this point, but want to keep pushing as I know it's going to start being an issue as I start picking speed back up on my bike (see photo below for what I LOVE to do), so I'm still at a very slow loss as I need to keep up my workouts and they suffer as soon as I cut back much :( Definitely have some large love handles I'd like to get ride of, and would like to have my muscles be a little more visible!

ao1sleuotdxd.jpg

Replies

• sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    Options
    Wow, that is so cool that you race!! but holy smokes my heart races just looking at you in the photo :p

Good luck with your cut! I will be joining you soon
  • FormerlyWallyAmadeus
    FormerlyWallyAmadeus Posts: 35 Member
    edited April 2018
    Options
    Welcome! My story is almost identical to yours, though I'm older (and it gets better the longer you live...no one tells you that until you're on the other side of 50!).

My focus is also on fitness. About 10 year ago, I started doing a charity stair climb, and my goal is to best my time every year. This last year was my slowest..I've put on about 15 lbs from a combination of not tracking, not getting to the gym..and well, not making my fitness a priority.

I also have love handles, and one of my appearance goals is to get rid of those. I really miss being able to tuck in my blouses!

Feel free to "friend" me!
  • adsheffer
    adsheffer Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi!
    My name is Amy. I'm 27 and have lost just under fifty pounds in the last year and a half. I have been plateauing for a couple of months and think the problem is the caloric intake in losing the last ten pounds (which would bring me to what used to be my weight goal).
    So yesterday, I went to the Target to find a new swim suit, as mine were too big and it was....a very sobering experience. I realized I have about 20 more pounds to lose before I look the way I want. I'm so sick of being complacent in my goals for myself and I'm really hoping adding more cardio into my routine and watching my caloric intake will get this done.
    I love reading all your stories. It's so nice to know there are other women who are working on the same things I am. Ya'll are fantastic.