Question regarding carbs

julepige
julepige Posts: 24 Member
I am new to low carbs and just wondering if i stick to 50 Carbs everyday but not including lots of fat and protein will i still loss weight? My body cant take all the protein and fat intake also it cant take low fat food or different alternative sugar. I also suffering with wheat and rice and potatoes. I am fine with vegetables and fruit and some meat. Hope you can answers me.

Replies

• tcunbeliever
    tcunbeliever Posts: 8,219 Member
    You don't have your diary open, so it's hard to guess what you mean by "all the protein".

You don't have to eat a lot of fat for keto, assuming you have plenty of stored fat in your body. Keeping carbs low will be enough, and 50g should do it for the average person.

You do need a minimum amount of protein to live, it is an essential nutrient. It doesn't not have to be animal protein if that doesn't agree with you, there are plenty of plant proteins. It doesn't have to be a fatty protein if fats are difficult for you to digest, you can use lean protein if you prefer.
  • julepige
    julepige Posts: 24 Member
    Thanks tcunbeliever, i do have 30 pounds spare of fat to loss on my body. Regarding to my food dairy, all i can say is i forget to put the food on it. I do eat lot of Quorn. On a normal week i will normally eat meat sausage, chicken , beef and pork and Quorn, i like to cook from scratch, i normal only eat meat in the evening as a evening meal. I eat lot of eggs. I am fine with full fat mayo so use that often with my meals on top of my vegetables. I will have a fruit smoothie (mixed berries)in the morning with full fat cream around 20 ml and unsweetened almond milk. Lunch is not always met as i work but if i get a chance is normally a atkins bar.
  • nvmomketo
    nvmomketo Posts: 12,019 Member
    julepige wrote: »
    I am new to low carbs and just wondering if i stick to 50 Carbs everyday but not including lots of fat and protein will i still loss weight? My body cant take all the protein and fat intake also it cant take low fat food or different alternative sugar. I also suffering with wheat and rice and potatoes. I am fine with vegetables and fruit and some meat. Hope you can answers me.

As long as you are eating at a caloric deficit, you will lose weight. For some, eating low carb seems to make staying in a deficit easier, either because they naturally eat less, or their body seems to burn a few more calories when they don't eat a lot of carbs.

A low carb diet will have more protein and fat than most other diets, unless you reach a caloric deficit by just cutting carbs and not replacing those calories with anything. If you log your food everyday it will give you a good idea of the macros of most foods, and then play around with it. There's no need to get it spot on every day. KWIM? :)
  • kpk54
    kpk54 Posts: 4,474 Member
    Any calorie deficit will remove that excess adipose from your body. Keto (low carb for me) seems to make adherence easier for most of us here. Some eat keto to manage health issues.

The LCHF combo reduces my hunger and minimizes cravings. My excess weight (60+ pounds) was lost via low carb of about 128 total grams per day. I've experimented with macros since and settled on lowe carbs and higher fat than I ate during weight loss. One year was <20 carbs, the next <50 and currently carbs are 75 on paper. I've come close to that one week when I was eating a bunch of frozen fruit but not since. Reasonable carbs (for me) don't change my weight. Bingeing on cakes, cookies, pies, ice cream and cheetos is a different story.

My weight hasn't really changed much since I lost it all and I've not struggled with hunger/cravings since upping fat and reducing carbs. Find your balance. I'm not a fatty meat lover but do eat plenty of fats in the form of leaner meats, fish, avocados, nuts, seeds, butter/oils for cooking and all the 1/2 and 1/2 I put in my endless pot of decaf.