Anyone Carb Cycle?

Options
Was wondering if anyone has experience with Carb Cycling. And if so, how does your week look?

Replies

• kpk54
    kpk54 Posts: 4,474 Member
    Options
    Not intentionally. ;)

Summoning @tcunbeliever who I think intentionally cycles carbs.
  • tcunbeliever
    tcunbeliever Posts: 8,219 Member
    Options
    I do carb cycle, and my diary is open...I just cut my calories down for a few weeks, so it's a little bleak (to me) in terms of calories available, but it's there, you are welcome to view it, and you will see the "offset" meal that is added to cut down the carbs and calories available in my diary.

I eat more calories/carbs on strength training days which are currently Tuesday, Friday, and Sunday. I eat less calories/carbs on the other days. I still workout on those days, just walking or abs or stretching or cardio, not weights.

I get my calorie and protein goals from here:
    https://rippedbody.com/how-to-calculate-leangains-macros/

I cycle between 30 and 101 carbs to stay keto for migraines. The rest is fat.

I was doing way better in terms of muscle gain and fat loss when I was doing low carb rather than keto. Not sure what your goal is, but if it's just weight related and not some other health concern then just cut the carbs down to about half what the leangains calculator recommends. I lost 5% body fat doing that for 12 weeks - with the lifting and other exercise, of course.