Non Scale Goals

Options
Niki_Fitz
Niki_Fitz Posts: 945 Member
edited April 2018 in Social Groups
I thought I'd start a goal thread. What are your non-scale goals?

Replies

• SmithsonianEmpress
    SmithsonianEmpress Posts: 1,163 Member
    Options
    I want to be consistent consistent consistent and THEN my scale goals will naturally follow. Consistency includes: meal prepping...gym at minimum 2/3 times a week and NO BINGES.
  • amberellen12
    amberellen12 Posts: 248 Member
    edited April 2018
    Options
    I want my daily calorie intake for when I am 125lbs @ 1300 calories to just be my normal amount of calories I consume without any thought. I want to be able to say... “I’m not on a diet this is just the way I eat.”
  • SmithsonianEmpress
    SmithsonianEmpress Posts: 1,163 Member
    Options
    I want my daily calorie intake for when I am 125lbs @ 1300 calories to just be my normal amount of calories I consume without any thought. I want to be able to say... “I’m not on a diet this is just the way I eat.”

I can’t eat that low...well I can but I guess I choose not to. Is that your maintenance for your height and age?
  • poeciliareticulata
    poeciliareticulata Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    I want to be able to run 5k. Then I want to run 5k in 30mins.

And there is a pair of jeans at the back of my wardrobe that I bought just before Christmas one year when I was at my lightest and fittest that I wore once, then Christmas happened and I have never fitted into them again.
  • Niki_Fitz
    Options
    I want to be consistent consistent consistent and THEN my scale goals will naturally follow. Consistency includes: meal prepping...gym at minimum 2/3 times a week and NO BINGES.

I like this consistency idea.
    I want to be able to say... “I’m not on a diet this is just the way I eat.”

This is super.

I want to be able to run 5k. Then I want to run 5k in 30mins.

Me too!
  • cxwhit3
    cxwhit3 Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    My short term goal is to get down from a 14 to a 12 in my jeans. The 14’s are kind of loose but the 12’s are too tight. I too have a couple of pairs in my drawer waiting for me. My other commitment to myself is to get rid of clothes that are too big or not very flattering as I lose weight and my shape changes. (Also so I have no excuse for going back up.) I’m worth more than schlepping around in unattractive stuff.
  • Niki_Fitz
    edited May 2018
    Options
    My non-scale goal is to stay committed to this process:

strength training 3x week, sprinting 2x, longer jog 1x...

mobility & stability work to keep healing up my injuries...

eating mostly veggies, protein and healthy fats & being moderate with anything else I want to have...

using positive thinking every day for self-acceptance and moving forward in life...

ignoring negative thoughts to focus on what matters: family, friends, good people, my work, overall wellness, living every day to the fullest and with gratitude.

keep clearing out old stuff and shrinking the booty so new clothes make me feel confident!

• amberellen12
    Options

I can’t eat that low...well I can but I guess I choose not to. Is that your maintenance for your height and age?

That’s what all the calculators say. It’s 300 calories less than if I was 25. Age makes a difference. I eat a lot of fresh veg and fruit so low in calories. I eat just two meats a day with IF of 16 or more hours each day. I’m never hungry and my body feels good when I eat just the two meals.
  • amberellen12
    Options
    Meals not meats... can’t figure out how to edit my post. :)
  • cxwhit3
    cxwhit3 Posts: 293 Member
    edited May 2018
    Options
    Meals not meats... can’t figure out how to edit my post. :)

You have an hour to edit. You should see a little star/flower in the upper right corner of your post by the 3 dots. Click or tap on that to get the edit option. On my tablet the edit bar/button appears at the bottom of my screen after I tap the star. I have found that things are a little different on my tablet than they are on my laptop. You may get a drop down on a laptop or pc.

I also think it messes things up when you use emojis in the body of a message. One at the end seems to be ok.

Carol
This discussion has been closed.