Breathe and relax...

Options
HappyKat5
HappyKat5 Posts: 369 Member
Is what I have to tell myself every first of the month. That’s when I get my medication for the month. While, I am grateful that I have insurance (while others are not as fortunate) BUT damn, $450 a month for a pill that probably costs 45 cents to make. :s I try to be humble, but damn. Really?

Replies

• singingflutelady
    singingflutelady Posts: 8,736 Member
    Options
    I'm very lucky I have full coverage but drug prices are insane. I'm on 7 prescription drugs including one that is $1700 a month (humira.. that's a box of 2 self inject pens) and don't even get me started on the price of ostomy supplies.
  • singingflutelady
    Options
    GI diseases are sooo expensive. Ensure isn't covered by my insurance grrr
  • Jennymarie57
    Jennymarie57 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I have bills that never stop for appts and procedures..I keep thinking I'll get a handle on things and need less care..Wishful thinking..lol
  • HappyKat5
    edited May 2018
    Options
    @singingflutelady and @Jennymarie57 I know THAT'S right! :D I donated the rest of my ostomy supplies. I was so tempted to throw them out because I wanted that part of my life to be concluded after my revision, but I knew how much I paid for them and knew someone could use them..even if it was only 5 adhesive strips. I always sigh when I go the pharmacy , but then, I say to myself, if I FEEL this way, I can't imagine those WITHOUT adequate insurance. I get humbled real quick.
  • singingflutelady
    Options
    x9fzonzkni0i.jpg

Almost 1 month of medical supples (i get the ostomy stuff every 2 weeks so double that plus I also get b12 injections every 2 weeks) + ensure/boost. Chronic illness is expensive!
  • HappyKat5
    Options
    Bless You! I feel so humbled by your post @singingflutelady ! I'm only on 3 medications. I get iron infusions and B-12 because I don't absorb, but WOW...truly humbled :)o:)