5/5 Saturday Day 5 SLBC: Spring Project 1

Options
2»

Replies

• talers
    talers Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    77tes wrote: »
    @talers , I had a similar problem with my family. My suggestion is to find a real life buddy (for me it is my sister), enjoy the great support here on MFP, establish some powerful healthy habits, keep eating good stuff, and your family might loosen up some after your impressive results. Whatever you do, don't let the lack of support become an excuse to give up! I did give up several times. Think "It's not a diet, it is the way I eat/exercise."

Got my books organized, hooray! :)

Thank you @77tes . Yes, I believe you are right. I think it is just the case of one human not being able to fully sympathize with the struggle that another is experiencing, unless they ever had to walk that same mile themselves. I quit smoking (successfully, finally, over 10 years ago) when I found the personal motivation inside myself. Family was very happy I did, of course, yet they were still not interested in hearing about my difficult path. I suspect that is probably normal behavior for the average person. Most of us tend to be focused on our own struggles. I need to tap into my personal reasons (triggers and rewards) again.

Cheers and "woo-hoo!" on the book organizing! I know that must feel super good :smiley: