Another Newbie (in Charleston, SC)

Options
iPeppz
iPeppz Posts: 15 Member
Hello ladies! I’m delighted to have found this group in the MFP community!!! I’m on the cusp of turning 45 (literally... Mother’s Day is my birthday) and have shown small signs here and there of peri menopause... predominantly body temperature fluctuations, which drive me crazy. My OBGYN says my hormone levels are still normal and didn’t show signs of peri yet, but I know my body and my periods have gotten steadily worse over the last 3 years, not to mention the weight creep and reduced energy levels.

I trust my doctor, but I also know my body, so I’m still trying to understand it all and educate myself. Anyway, I’m happy to know this group exists so I can hopefully be prepared for what lies ahead...

Replies

• MostlyWater
    MostlyWater Posts: 4,294 Member
    Options
    Welcome!
  • Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,426 Member
    Options
    Hi there! Also new to the group.
    I'm 43 and my doctor said I am probably perimenopausal.
    Everything I've read so far says being a healthy weight and active should be helpful to reducing the symptoms. So I'm still going to work on that.
    I'm going to try reading one of the books mentioned in this group, Before the Change: Taking Charge of Your Perimenopause by Ann Louise Gittleman.