seeking.....advice, opinions, experience....

Options
2014myyear
2014myyear Posts: 60 Member
seriously peeps! i need to know - what is a good weight gain, i need to know if i need to put in more effort or if what i am doing is working as well as what i want it should be. :flowerforyou:

Replies

• apothecarist
    Options
    Do you have a goal weight and time frame? For me, at my caloric goal, i'm aiming to gain anywhere from 1-2lbs/week. I want to gain about 20lbs in total but not too quickly.
  • 2014myyear
    2014myyear Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    just had to do the conversion into kgs lol - yeh i would say im the same as you. I wanna put on about 10 kgs, and i put on .6 in 6 days and i was trying to work out if what im doing is working. 2lbs a week works out at about 1 kg ? So im not doing great then... but it gives me something to aim for! Thanks!!! onwards and upwards!
  • kerve13
    kerve13 Posts: 13
    Options
    If progress is slow but steady, I would interpret that as working well.

I've put on about 3 lbs (just under 1.5 kg) in a month of intentional weight gain. While I would *like* for faster progress, I'm content with it. I'm not doing anything drastic and I know I can maintain it as needed.
  • apothecarist
    Options
    just had to do the conversion into kgs lol - yeh i would say im the same as you. I wanna put on about 10 kgs, and i put on .6 in 6 days and i was trying to work out if what im doing is working. 2lbs a week works out at about 1 kg ? So im not doing great then... but it gives me something to aim for! Thanks!!! onwards and upwards!

yes, 2.2lbs = 1 kg :)

you can do it!