Living the Lifestyle Wednesday May 9th

Options
podkey
podkey Posts: 5,081 Member
We meet here to explore, share, celebrate, and (sometimes) agonize over how we do (or don't) incorporate weight loss guidelines into our daily lives. "It's a lifestyle, not a diet" is easily and often said, but sometimes not so simply put into practice.

This is a thread for everyone. If you're new to GoaD, or to weight loss, your questions and comments are always welcome. If you're maintaining, or a long-term loser, your thoughts on the topic may be just what someone else needs to hear. If you're reading this, join in the discussion!

Each weekday, a new topic is offered up for discussion. Thread starters for May are:

Monday - Jimb376mfp (Jim)
Tuesday - Calvin2008Brian (Brian)
Wednesday - <if you start me up>
Thursday - <if you start me up I'll never stop>
Friday - Al_Howard (Al)

Topic for guest start up today:LEARN THE RULES LIKE A PRO SO YOU CAN BREAK THEM LIKE AN ARTIST. Your comments.

Replies

• podkey
    podkey Posts: 5,081 Member
    Options
    I often think of skilled jazz musicians like Wynton Marsalis who was trained on classical trumpet starting at age 12 and going to Julliard at age 17 before becoming a great jazz musician. Not saying there aren't those who make the leap in life without the foundation but it sure helps.

We had a wonderful flamenco dancer lady on these boards back in the day (RNT or Results Not Typical) and I see similar things going on in flamenco music too. There is an underlying core from which one can add things to make it your own.

What are you doing to tweak the program or have you gotten the "rules" down to the point that you know what "tweaks" work for ya??
  • 88olds
    88olds Posts: 4,467 Member
    Options
    It drove me nuts that my kids in college rarely had a firm grip on their program requirements. You have to know the system to game the system.

When I started WW I used to eat Egg Beaters. 1/4 cup 1 pt. I think. So 1/2 cup= 2pt right? No!

1/2 cup= 1 pt. I crunched the numbers. I think I had to bring the NI to my meeting. No one would believe me. Out of points? 1/2 cup egg beaters, broccoli, salsa, it all adds up to 1 pt.

Point counting is both a science and an art.