back extensions

Options
89nunu
89nunu Posts: 1,082 Member
Hello everyone!
I've got a little question regarding back extensions... Or two questions for that matter.

We have got these nifty bench things for BE in my gym, so I used them. But how far up/down does the padded bug on the hips have to go? Does it go further up or down the hip bones? I now did it so that my body north of my hips (right the bit where the bending over happens) was in the air.
Also i have used a 20 kg plate to do them (the biggest available) but I don't feel any work in my lower back only the upper back and arms. Is it to little weight? Is it because I got the back not straight enough? Was the length of the bench wrong?

Anyone got any suggestions?

Replies

• AlsDonkBoxSquat
    AlsDonkBoxSquat Posts: 6,128 Member
    Options
    We have got these nifty bench things for BE in my gym, so I used them. But how far up/down does the padded bug on the hips have to go? Does it go further up or down the hip bones? I now did it so that my body north of my hips (right the bit where the bending over happens) was in the air.

Here's a really good tutorial:

http://www.bodyrecomposition.com/training/back-extension-technique.html
    Also i have used a 20 kg plate to do them (the biggest available) but I don't feel any work in my lower back only the upper back and arms. Is it to little weight? Is it because I got the back not straight enough? Was the length of the bench wrong?

try it in the position, make sure you're doing straight back. It's difficult to both cross your arms and keep your shoulder blades drawn together, but that's what you ensure you're doing before you increase weight.
  • 89nunu
    89nunu Posts: 1,082 Member
    Options
    thanks! Very interesting read!