Easy chicken recipes

Options
emmab0902
emmab0902 Posts: 2,337 Member
Hey everyone. We eat a lot of chicken and I am getting bored with my regular stirfries or burritos or carbonara. Has anyone got any easy non expensive recipes that would be good for a family of four - preferably reasonably quick prep and cook. :smiley:

Replies

• tomofnz
    tomofnz Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Have you tried Nadia Lim's recipes? We're doing myfoodbag fresh start, which are really good, but you can find the recipes for all the meals here. And she has a good cookbook. I don't know about easy, but really important for me is they are portion controlled. https://www.myfoodbag.co.nz/products/fresh-start-lite-10/order
  • jo_nz
    jo_nz Posts: 548 Member
    Options
    Along the same lines as Tom's suggestion, I've done the Bargain Box for a while - it was a good way to take the hassle out of meal planning for a while and make me try some new recipes.

Not sure of the age of your kids, but mine (8 & 11) were quite keen to help make the recipes. They are not as light on calories as the Fresh Start meals, but if I portioned out leftovers when serving I could make sure I stayed on track.

Now that we aren't doing the box, I still get the kids to go through the folder of recipes and pick one or two that they want to make and help with that week. Helps us keep up a bit of variety.

I thought it was pretty good value too for what we got. ($125 for all we needed for 5 dinners and usually enough for leftovers for lunch).
  • emmab0902
    emmab0902 Posts: 2,337 Member
    Options
    My kids are aged 13 16 18 and 19 so bargain box was out of my price range lol.
  • Leannep2201
    Leannep2201 Posts: 441 Member
    Options
    Our favourites are chicken curry made using low fat natural yoghurt and mango chutney, chicken skewers cooked on the BBQ, and stir fry made with Watties Wok Creations teriyaki stir fry sauce.