Cecezo OMAD Journey

Options
cecezo
cecezo Posts: 22 Member
Hi y'all,

Over the last 2 years I've gained just a bit over 42lbs. I want to permanently get rid of 30lbs of fats and build muscle. I'm 5'2 and last time I weighed (14 May) I was at 158.4.

I started my OMAD journey on Monday, so my weigh-ins will be every Monday.

I hope this works because I've had my fair share of yoyo dieting.

Replies

• Brendalea69
    Brendalea69 Posts: 3,863 Member
    edited May 2018
    Options
    We are the same height, welcome to the OMAD group and good luck :)
  • cecezo
    Options
    Thanks so much
  • EstrangedTiger
    EstrangedTiger Posts: 543 Member
    Options
    You can do it!
  • cecezo
    edited May 2018
    Options
    Hey y'all. I'm so excited. I lost quite a lot. Most probably water weight since this is my 1st week. I was worried since I didn't have control over what I ate on Saturday and Sunday but I still did good. I did good with the food the whole week. I averaged between 800 to 1200 calories on a daily basis. That was so hard since I'm eating whole foods plant based meals. Eating 1200 calories in one seating is no joke. I'm also glad to prove over hear that you can still lose weight eating primarily carbs.

I was hungry for the first few days, but I never cheated. Ate at the same time everyday. I didn't do so well with the workouts though. I was lazy at times. Didn't even start on the weekend, I'll try and do better this week.

Great week. I know I won't lose this much every week (I wouldn't mind it though). I'll try and put in more workouts this week. Especially weights since I want to tone up and get some muscles. I've researched and learnt that weights may take me higher on the scale. I don't care though, looking good is more than important than the number on scale to me ( even though I have to admit the number going down is more encouraging)

Results

DATE..............WEIGHT.............LBS LOST
    14 May..............158.4 lbs..............-
    21 May..............147.4 lbs..............-11 lbs

I'm only 5'2 so 11 lbs is a lot. I already fit in some pants that did not fit. Long way to go before o fit in my favourite ones though.
  • dkayingram
    dkayingram Posts: 737 Member
    Options
    @cecezo you are doing great! Welcome to the OMAD group!
    KUTGW!

Sticking to the plan does work. On Saturday/Sunday I eat a small meal around 10 and then my dinner at night. Even with doing that, I am losing weight consistently!
  • Brendalea69
    Brendalea69 Posts: 3,863 Member
    Options
    Wow 11 pounds the first week is a lot, I only lost 6 so great work. Yes it will slow down but what a great start even while eating carbs :)
  • brittdee88
    brittdee88 Posts: 1,874 Member
    Options
    Welcome! Amazing progress for your first week!!!!
  • cecezo
    Options
    Thanks so much you guys. I am so excited. The good thing is I don't get hungry during the day anymore. It's been easy during the week because I stay alone, hubby works out of town and comes back on weekends.

Next month he'll be back home full time though, that's when I'll really get to test my will power.

Thanks so much for the warm welcome. I've been lurking on here and reading y'alls threads even before I started. I got motivated when I saw your results and how supportive this group was.
  • EstrangedTiger
    Options
    Awesome! Water weight is still weight. Fat cells contain water.
  • brittdee88
    Options
    We'll be here to encourage you when he comes back :)
  • cecezo
    edited May 2018
    Options
    The week started off well until Wednesday. I had social engagements from Thursday to Sunday. I I didn't adhere to the OMAD rules at all. I was so distracted and kept munching. Anyways this is a new week and I'll hopefully there won't be much social engagements because I'm struggling with willpower when I'm around a lot of people and food. The good thing is I didn't abandon working out. I did 2 days of weights and two days of cardio, that was only possible because I worked out first thing in the morning.

Results

28 May..............145.7 lbs..............-1.7lbs

I'm actually excited about it. I was scared I was going to gain. I had absolutely no willpower. How do you guys do it? How do you stick to it when having social gatherings that include food? How do you just not eat when everyone is eating? I need help because my husband is coming home this Thursday and when he is around I know I'll have problems again. I can't gain back what I've already lost.

I am loving the changes I see in my body by the way. My midsection is slowly getting snatched.
  • EstrangedTiger
    Options
    cecezo wrote: »
    The week started off well until Wednesday. I had social engagements from Thursday to Sunday. I I didn't adhere to the OMAD rules at all. I was so distracted and kept munching. Anyways this is a new week and I'll hopefully there won't be much social engagements because I'm struggling with willpower when I'm around a lot of people and food. The good thing is I didn't abandon working out. I did 2 days of weights and two days of cardio, that was only possible because I worked out first thing in the morning.

Results

28 May..............145.7 lbs..............-1.7lbs

I'm actually excited about it. I was scared I was going to gain. I had absolutely no willpower. How do you guys do it? How do you stick to it when having social gatherings that include food? How do you just not eat when everyone is eating? I need help because my husband is coming home this Thursday and when he is around I know I'll have problems again. I can't gain back what I've already lost.

I am loving the changes I see in my body by the way. My midsection is slowly getting snatched.

Some good ideas concerning social situations that I’ve seen discussed here:

Grab a calorie free beverage and just chat. Say that you have already eaten and aren’t hungry.

What you are trying to do is break the habit of eating, just for the sake of it.

If the social gathering is scheduled, why not make that your OMAD meal?

• cecezo
    Options
    Lol I get you, it is so easy for me when I'm alone because I make one meal when I'm hungry. I make sure there will be no left overs because I'm scared I'll end up eating them.

Let's see how I do this week because my husband is coming back on Thursday. I'll practice just having drinks. I sure hope I succeed.

The good thing that I have noticed is I don't eat as much as I did, my appetite has decreased a lot. I just need to learn to ignore food when it's not eating time.
  • minigrrll
    minigrrll Posts: 1,590 Member
    Options
    Welcome!

Social engagements are the hardest for me for sure. Sometimes I find it super easy and sometimes just majorly impossible! I think when I have planned it out in my head before hand, like "I'm just going to have sparkling water for lunch and not eat until dinner", and consciously think about it, I have a much easier time following through. If I haven't properly made that decision, that's when I fail. I also think, sometimes, when I don't consciously make that decision, it's like I'm almost planning to fail, like I want to or something (that probably doesn't make any sense!).
  • cecezo
    Options
    This week will be a great practice for sure.
  • brittdee88
    Options
    How is this week going?
  • DarthWaderMT
    DarthWaderMT Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    I just plan my meals around social activities when they come up. Some prefer just going and drinking water or coffee while everyone is eating. Not me I like to eat with friends, and I don't think it matters to change the meal time on some days.
    Nice start with some good weight loss!