Friday's Dr. Visit

Options
EinTX
EinTX Posts: 104 Member
This group has really helped me take charge of my diabetes. I don't post frequently because I just don't feel like I have a lot to contribute, I'm always just trying to learn more but I am a frequent visitor and rely on this thread a lot. and felt I needed to share the results from my recent Dr. visit. Friday my A1C came back as 5.6 just slightly lower than my last visit and my Dr. took me off Metformin. She said she wished more of her patients took charge of their diabetes like I did. It's nice to leave your appointment after a good pep talk.

Thank you, Thank you, Thank you for all the sound advise that gets posted here, I learned how to take charge of this mostly from this thread.

Evangeline

Replies

• retiree2006
    retiree2006 Posts: 951 Member
    Options
    Wonderful news about your A1c and doctor's reaction. It really helps us stay on track when they let us know of their pride in our efforts...positive reinforcement is always welcome!

I agree with you about this site being of great help. The people here are all working toward the same goals and sharing experiences and results also gives me ideas and a better understanding of living with diabetes.

Congratulations and thanks for posting your great results. Keep us in the loop! :smile:
  • randywilkinson
    Options
    Friday I had a doctors office visit. He told me that an A1C of 5.3 was too low for someone on medication. Took me off half my meds.
  • retiree2006
    retiree2006 Posts: 951 Member
    Options
    Friday I had a doctors office visit. He told me that an A1C of 5.3 was too low for someone on medication. Took me off half my meds.

Wonderful news! Hope the number holds steady for you as you continue working on your health.
  • robert65ferguson
    robert65ferguson Posts: 390 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing your good news about your A1c results. Success stories always act as an encouragement to the rest of us so never underestimate the value of your contributions. What may seem insignificant to you can be a great help to someone else. Well done on your success. Keep it going.
  • robert65ferguson
    robert65ferguson Posts: 390 Member
    Options
    Great news, we're are always in the market for good news stories which are an encouragement to the rest of us. Well done on your efforts to date. Keep us posted on your progress.
  • jessiekanga
    jessiekanga Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    Wow and congrats to both of you. Rock on! Awesome news!