I kind of miss oatmeal. Any hacks?

Options
2»

Replies

• kpk54
    kpk54 Posts: 4,474 Member
    Options
    I know you're not keen on the fautmeal but I really like this one. I find it a pretty decent portion.

1 Tbsp unsweetened coconut
    1 Tbsp Chia seeds
    1 Tbsp ground flax
    1 Tbsp hemp hearts
    3/4 cup coconut milk
    1/2 tsp vanilla
    2 tsp sweetener (or to taste)
    cinnamon (optional)

I mix it together the night before and leave it in the fridge overnight. Heat in microwave the next morning. Yum! I'm going to make some now for tomorrow. :smile:

I'll give it a shot. Does that actually fill a bowl? Every other recipe I've tried basically makes a shot glass of food. I have all of those ingredients, though, so I can try it out.

;) LOL. I feel your pain. A quarter cup of ingredients...with 3/4 cup of milk so a bowl full of milk. <pouts> I've often written that I have started using smaller plates or even a small wide bowl for dinner. To me there is no such thing as a plateful or bowlful (unless they're tiny) for those of us who have a limited amount of calories and strictly adhere to calories and portion suggestion (like 2 cups of leafy greens) while eating more than 1 or two meals a day.
  • lady_bug_jd
    lady_bug_jd Posts: 221 Member
    edited June 2018
    Options
    I doubled the recipe last night except I kept it to 3/4 cup coconut milk and 1/2 cup of water. With my ingredients it worked out to under 450 calories and was a cereal bowl full. I ate half and found it enough. It seems like a small amount of ingredients but the chia seeds expand over night making it thick. I had my colleague try it today and she said she liked it better than real oatmeal. I hope you find your oatmeal replacement!
  • Lexinatorade
    Lexinatorade Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I make chia seed pudding with blueberries, sugar free maple syrup, vanilla extract, almond milk, hemp hearts, mct oil, and cinnamon and the keto connect bread. I toast and butter the bread and dip it in the pudding. It reminds me a lot of oatmeal. But then again, I never really ate oatmeal, so I could be wrong. Tasty nonetheless.