Weekly Post - 21.05.18 - 27.05.18

KateNkognito
KateNkognito Posts: 1,515 Member
Hey all! Just kicking this week off. I am back on the fast track. :) Happy fasting!

Replies

• Meghan509
    Meghan509 Posts: 1,954 Member
    Good morning all!
    Reporting to you back fully on 5:2 for the week!
    Boston trip went well. Meeting was successful and bosses happy!
    Nice to be home again. For now LOL.
    Got another trip planned from May 31 to June 5 for my guy's Mom's 80th birthday. Off to Arizona. Will get in a good full week on plan before we go. That will be the last vacation/trip until the Christmas season.
    Hope the week goes well for everybody!
    See you soon. :)
  • ryenday
    ryenday Posts: 1,540 Member
    Hanging around - lol

x7fsm90noxmp.png
  • SpanishFusion
    SpanishFusion Posts: 261 Member
    edited May 2018
    I wonder if this is what it feels like to be Naked & Afraid? Lol! Just kidding. But for real, how do they survive without eating for days and then split a tadpole? I can't hold out for 20 hours on a boiled egg. ha!

I am telling myself, just hold out a little longer. I have a nice dinner planned and then I will feel fine again. :)
  • mamainthekitchen
    mamainthekitchen Posts: 929 Member
    ^^^^^^bahahahaaaa ...too funny!! :D
    How bout a glass of almond milk?

I’m so great with advice.... as I finish up my cinnamon scone with 2 tsp butter!!!
    >:)>:)>:)
    Don’t judge... I’ll log it!
  • KateNkognito
    Weeell... today is the fast that wasn't. I forgot it was a fast day and scarfed three chicken nuggets and a chocolate cream candy. OOPS! I will have a nice dinner and try again tomorrow. :)
  • ryenday
    Yes, for me as well. A fast day that wasn’t. I decided at last minute I’d do dinner with husband tonight which means no fast day. So I had a pretty good size lunch. But a really nutritious one!

Fast day tomorrow, instead.
  • sjgold123
    sjgold123 Posts: 133 Member
    Fast day done and exercise achieved. I thi k i've done three in a week just because i splurgef at the wkd...wine and cake will do that! When do people weigh in relation to a fast day?
  • KateNkognito
    @sjgold123 I weigh in on Sunday. It keeps me a little in check on Saturday, and it is between fast days, so it is probably a pretty good measure of how much I weigh.
  • sjgold123
    Hi all these summer nights are full of temptation with burgers and ice cream. I'm still on it though! Life is busy and we've been enjoying the work put into our garden. Hope all is well... i have a cream tea lunch date tomorrow so starting off with watermellon for breakfast and going for chicken salad for tea. Good luck all
  • KateNkognito
    And another one bites the dust! My husband just called and wants to take me out to dinner. A gal just can't say no to that! I will try AGAIN tomorrow. The plus is that I have been really nice and low so far this week. o:)
  • ryenday
    Good light day today. Yay
  • SpanishFusion
    @KateNkognito ANY time my husband wants to take me out to eat, I'm gonna say YES! Hope you had a wonderful time.

@sjgold123 What is cream tea?
  • ryenday
    And another one bites the dust! My husband just called and wants to take me out to dinner. A gal just can't say no to that! I will try AGAIN tomorrow. The plus is that I have been really nice and low so far this week. o:)

My husband rarely wants to go out. He’ll pick up dinner, but hates going out.

Good for you I say!
  • Meghan509
    Hi gang!
    Oh yeah, I totally understand the skipping light day and going out! Can't say I have never done it! :p
    I made it through Monday pretty easy. Yesterday and today are normal days. Looking forward to my low calorie dinner!
    The weather is finally fantastic here and will be for most of the Memorial Day weekend. Phew. What a long frustrating winter and spring we have had. Today I sat outside during lunch and read my book. Will do same thing tomorrow!
    Doing to ride the exercise bike again tonight most likely. Hoping the gym is less crowded than last night since it is sunny and 80 degrees Fahrenheit.
    See you guys soon! B)
  • sjgold123
    It's nice to abandone rules sometimes and let your hair down and go with it. I still log as realistically as i can as it helps me see why the scales might be sticking.

A cream tea Leeg5656 is a scone with jam and clotted cream! It's called an afternoon tea when it is packaged with a pot of tea and usually served on tiered plates with sandwiches on the bottom, then scones, cream and jam, then the top is a selection of cakes!! Yes amazing!

I brought the afternoon tea treat for my mum's birthday we had a standard sized sandwich, a massive delicous scone with jam and cream and then managed a caramel shortbread which was 1 cake of 3 each on offer! I took the other cakes home for my children so a little self control hey!? I added it to my diary coming in at 1000 cals..

So here's my justification.... as it's not that i do this every day
    Today i started the day on x2 pikelets and spread 120 cals, had the cream tea for lunch whereas before as an afternoon treat would be slotted in. It's called an afternoon tea as you would eat it after lunch before your tea! I ate 1 out of 3 of cakes.
    I had a bbq for tea, not going back for 2nd portions, bulking out on salad and opting out of ice cream that everyone else had as i cleared up.
    I have done 1.5 hrs of walking today.
    So a low day for me tomorrow it is and extra walking lol!
  • SpanishFusion
    sjgold123 wrote: »
    It's nice to abandone rules sometimes and let your hair down and go with it. I still log as realistically as i can as it helps me see why the scales might be sticking.

A cream tea Leeg5656 is a scone with jam and clotted cream! It's called an afternoon tea when it is packaged with a pot of tea and usually served on tiered plates with sandwiches on the bottom, then scones, cream and jam, then the top is a selection of cakes!! Yes amazing!

I brought the afternoon tea treat for my mum's birthday we had a standard sized sandwich, a massive delicous scone with jam and cream and then managed a caramel shortbread which was 1 cake of 3 each on offer! I took the other cakes home for my children so a little self control hey!? I added it to my diary coming in at 1000 cals..

So here's my justification.... as it's not that i do this every day
    Today i started the day on x2 pikelets and spread 120 cals, had the cream tea for lunch whereas before as an afternoon treat would be slotted in. It's called an afternoon tea as you would eat it after lunch before your tea! I ate 1 out of 3 of cakes.
    I had a bbq for tea, not going back for 2nd portions, bulking out on salad and opting out of ice cream that everyone else had as i cleared up.
    I have done 1.5 hrs of walking today.
    So a low day for me tomorrow it is and extra walking lol!

Can you say, YUM?!!

Light day for me today.
  • Meghan509
    Hi guys!
    Light day here for me. Feels good to be back on track from vacation and travel.
    Unfortunately I am up a few pounds as a result of my travels, but trying not to think about it. My clothes still feel fine and hopefully it is just some water weight and it will come off quick. Sigh...
    Anyone doing anything fun for the weekend? We are heading to the beach on Saturday. Can't wait!
    See you all soon.
  • Meghan509
    Good morning everybody!
    Hope everybody is doing well.
    Light day was good, yesterday.
    Managed to lose 2 lbs of the vacation weight I gained. I guess the good thing about this journey is I set my own goals and timeframe for what works for me. Not like the old days of hopping on the scale at Weight Watchers and feeling embarrassed about a gain... :)
    Will try and keep to my 1500 a day calories until I get back on 5:2 again the week of June 11th. We leave for Arizona on Thursday of next week. Feels weird having literally two back to back vacations, but it is for Max's Mom's 80th birthday.
    I will pop in again soon! Happy Friday.
    Meg
  • sjgold123
    Well done Meghan straight back on it!
    I seem to be so on it then so off it and happy to be lead to temptation! I think this follows a light day that i struggled with but was still on 500. However i still stayed within 1400 today and exercised so not all is lost really i just have a little sugar and get scared i'm going to dive in ha ha
    We are away next weekend and as always i gain 2llbs however i've tried to plan a little better by buying more lower cal treats like popcorn and i've discovered new lower cal options for bbq foods that don't make me feel i'm missing out.
    Anyway good luck all.