So close to surgery

Options
HLaR79
HLaR79 Posts: 1,519 Member
I was approved for surgery finally after a long wait to have it covered by my health plan, and I see the surgeon on Friday and will be getting a surgery date.... I’m so excited. I have to do a 2-3 week diabetic boost diet that I am not so excited for. It’s so exciting I can hardly concentrate on my work :)

Replies

• JamesAztec
    JamesAztec Posts: 524 Member
    Options
    @HLaR79 EXCELLENT! It's an exciting time for was patients. Knowing that you'll have REAL opportunity to change the rest of your life is exciting!

Use this time to research and learn as much as you can about wls, nutrition, exercise, metabolism etc. I'm 3 years post op and always looking to expand my knowledge base. Best if luck going forward!
  • HLaR79
    Options
    Thanks, I’m pretty pumped!! My surgeons office provides so much support and a very in-depth program requirements, I am so thankful for it because I see people on here who don’t seem to have enough information. But there is always room for more info, I will stay open to that!
  • littlegibbs62
    littlegibbs62 Posts: 756 Member
    Options
    Congrats!!!
  • StevenGarrigus
    StevenGarrigus Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    Congratulations @HLaR79! I've not had a single regret from my surgery!
  • fit_chickx
    fit_chickx Posts: 571 Member
    Options
    Checking in. Did you get your surgery date?
  • HLaR79
    Options
    I did get my surgery date for June 25th, and the surgeon confirmed that I will be having the roux-en-y gastric by-pass surgery.

On June 4th I start a 3 week diabetic boost diet that consists of boost and 0 calorie drinks. After 3 weeks of boost the post-op clear liquid phase will seem like a feast .

I am still very excited for this new phase of my life and the opportunity to have this tool in my healthy living tool box.
  • HLaR79
    Options
    Day 1 of pre-op diet and I’m so hungry I want to throw up, and cheat.... I certainly won’t do the second and I hope I don’t do the first..... only 302 more bottles of boost till my surgery!
  • clsumrall1
    clsumrall1 Posts: 491 Member
    Options
    Good luck and you are gonna rock this for sure
  • littlegibbs62
    littlegibbs62 Posts: 756 Member
    Options
    You got this. The first 4 days are brutal--then it does (often) get better. Hang in there, it's so worth it!
  • HLaR79
    Options
    You got this. The first 4 days are brutal--then it does (often) get better. Hang in there, it's so worth it!

Thanks, I just finished my fourth day! I hope there is some better in site for me. I don’t feel hungry today but I do feel lots of cramps still. I left work they were so bad, but I am hopeful for a good day tomorrow and week one is almost over.

• rhorho86
    rhorho86 Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    Hang in there! You're going to slay it!
  • HLaR79
    Options
    Thanks it is getting easier I kept myself very busy today and have plans to keep busy tomorrow!!!
    16 more sleeps till surgery
  • HLaR79
    Options
    I had a little slip yesterday from my liquid diet, the food didn’t taste good and I got a bad stomach ache! I was pretty hard on myself yesterday, but I still have 2 weeks on this liquid diet, I have already lost 9 lbs, and I won’t give myself that kind of tummy ache again
  • clsumrall1
    Options
    I am the final week of my 6 month pre op requirements and see the Doc on Friday. Keeping fingers crossed that she will set up my appointment with the surgeon. Believe it or not I can’t wait to start my two week preop liquid diet
  • HLaR79
    Options
    How exciting @clsumrall1 I hope that you get out through as well. It is an exciting moment.

• clsumrall1
    Options
    Thank you. I can’t wait
  • HLaR79
    Options
    Last week on pre-op liquids! Each week got a bit easier, these last few days hopefully go quickly!

@clsumrall1 how did your appointment on Friday go?
  • clsumrall1
    Options
    Ok found out I have to have parathyroid surgery. Found some tumors which is why blood work is crazy. Hope to see the surgeon in a couple of weeks. But first the endocrinologist to figure out when the surgery. Still have to maintain my weight loss another month no loosing or gaining. It sucks
  • HLaR79
    Options
    You can do it!!!! Every step is worth it! I had to look up parathyroid!! Hopefully that goes well for you and you just keep up the good fight :)
  • loveshoe
    loveshoe Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    Oh no, just hang in there and you'll be fine.