***Diary of a Mad OMADder***

Replies

• catuccifranco08
    catuccifranco08 Posts: 218 Member
    GREAT JOB! YE BEFORE THE MEAL I ALSO DO THE SAME.
  • Brendalea69
    Brendalea69 Posts: 3,863 Member
    Congratulations!!! :) What is your plan for :) maintenance?
  • brittdee88
    brittdee88 Posts: 1,874 Member
    Congratulations! That is awesome!!!
  • Eddy_65
    Eddy_65 Posts: 66 Member
    brittdee88 wrote: »

Thanks, all. Again, I apologize for the late replies.

Maintenance plans are to stay with OMAD for the most part, but add TwoMAD days and a more frequent splurge day (once every 1-2 weeks). I will still track calories, though, as I don't want Splurge Day to become the New Normal. I've already been down that road enough times already, thank you very much.
  • Eddy_65
    GREAT JOB! YE BEFORE THE MEAL I ALSO DO THE SAME.

Thanks for your comment! Best of luck to you. Already off to a great start, I see.
  • brittdee88
    brittdee88 Posts: 1,874 Member
    Eddy_65 wrote: »
    Maintenance plans are to stay with OMAD for the most part, but add TwoMAD days and a more frequent splurge day (once every 1-2 weeks). I will still track calories, though, as I don't want Splurge Day to become the New Normal. I've already been down that road enough times already, thank you very much.

Sounds like a solid plan! Congrats again! Please keep us updated while you're maintaining. We need more Brendas around :)
  • Eddy_65
    Sounds like a solid plan! Congrats again! Please keep us updated while you're maintaining. We need more Brendas around :)

Thanks again, and I'll definitely keep everyone posted.
  • Eddy_65
    Latest weigh-in: 77 kg, or 170 lbs. Keeping steady.

Fun Fact: Early 20th century baseball great Ty Cobb was a proponent of Intermittent Fasting, even though they probably didn't call it that back then. Although Cobb was disciplined about conditioning, he still developed a weight issue early in his career and took to skipping lunch to keep the pounds off.
  • Brendalea69
    Brendalea69 Posts: 3,863 Member
    Yes that plan sounds great, I cannot have many splurge days either because I get sick so on my non OMAD days I try to start eating as late as possible so I'm not eating as much for the day.
  • EstrangedTiger
    EstrangedTiger Posts: 543 Member
    Eddy_65 wrote: »

Thanks, all. Again, I apologize for the late replies.

Plan in place! You have it!

• DarthWaderMT
    DarthWaderMT Posts: 231 Member
    Great job! I go between omad and 2mad depending more on how busy I am, I sometimes just forget to eat a 2nd meal because I am busy and not hungry. very rarely 3mad. and my splurges are usually splurge meals instead of splurge days, so I usually escape without feeling it too much
  • Eddy_65
    edited July 2018

Plan in place! You have it!
    Great job! I go between omad and 2mad depending more on how busy I am, I sometimes just forget to eat a 2nd meal because I am busy and not hungry. very rarely 3mad. and my splurges are usually splurge meals instead of splurge days, so I usually escape without feeling it too much

Thanks. Lately, I've split between TwoMAD, and OMAD on the days when I'd had a heavier meal and wasn't as hungry outside of it.

I have another weigh-in scheduled for next Tues., so we'll see how that process has been holding up thus far.
  • jadepearl
    jadepearl Posts: 3,111 Member
    Congrats on reaching your GW! Happy Maintaining!
  • Eddy_65
    jadepearl wrote: »
    Congrats on reaching your GW! Happy Maintaining!

Thanks. Sorry for the late response. Got sidetracked by a few things.

Last weigh-in (last Tues.) has me at 76kg even, or 167.55 lbs. Still ok. Guess I'll keep on with switching between OMAD and TwoMAD, along with a weekly splurge, as situations dictate.
  • jadepearl
    jadepearl Posts: 3,111 Member
    Don't worry about it :) Just enjoy maintenance stage! :) Have a wonderful Tuesday!
  • Eddy_65
    Today I found a forgotten pair of size 32 Wrangler jeans in the back of my closet. I hadn't worn them for at least a decade. In the meantime, I'd been wearing size 34 relaxed-fit Levi's. When I was heavier, the fit wasn't relaxed at all. Now, they will fall down if I'm not careful.

Did the forgotten size 32 jeans fit? They did, and very well. More incentive to stay maintaining, and not grow out of them again.
  • dkayingram
    dkayingram Posts: 737 Member
    Awesome!
  • HoneyBadger302
    HoneyBadger302 Posts: 1,975 Member
    That's awesome. Looking forward to my pants getting loose and fitting back into a few things myself!
  • Eddy_65
    dkayingram wrote: »
    Awesome!
    That's awesome. Looking forward to my pants getting loose and fitting back into a few things myself!

Thanks! Best wishes to you both.
  • EstrangedTiger
    EstrangedTiger Posts: 543 Member
    😀