May 25 2018 Phase 1 REBOOT

Options
Sabine_Stroehm
Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
One of the things I've always appreciated about the ORIGINAL South Beach approach is the ability to just scale back to an earlier phase, and reboot, almost on automatic pilot.
The last two weeks of school were challenging!
I've decided to do a reboot again now.
Starting today: two weeks of Phase 1 to get comfortably back on track. As with before, if I have wine I add another day of phase 1.
Going shopping tomorrow, but starting today. We have everything I need to get going.
Br: scrambled eggs with asparagus and a little cheese
sn: raw almonds and some tiny peppers
lu: big salad with sardines
sn: not sure
di: salmon sashimi
de: SF jello with a little whipped cream

Have a great weekend!

Replies

• silvergirl33
    silvergirl33 Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    Sabine, How does the Heart book differ from the regular SB diet books?
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Options
    Sabine, How does the Heart book differ from the regular SB diet books?

It's lots and lots of science information about the evolution of cardiology, so far, and then it looks like it will have a small section on SB diet, and SB diet supercharged exercise plan from his follow up book. I figure it was the only book of his I hadn't read. And I'd also had the battery of tests he talks about a lot (due to family history, I'm fine, though!)

I'd say if you're not someone who wants to read 200-300 pages about the history of cardiology you can skip it.

SB diet was good.
    Supercharged was good. More about the science.
    Gluten Solution was good. More about grains.
    Wake UP call was good, but depressing.
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Options
    In my effort to fully dive in, I printed up the phase 1 foods to enjoy and put them in the kitchen (hopefully hubs will see them??). AND I surprised myself by joining a SB support group on FB and a SB recipe group on FB. I likely won't post there unless and until I'm sure the posts are private, because that's a family rule (only friends with people we know IRL and only post on non-public threads). But hey, it's nice to read!
  • silvergirl33
    Options
    Thanks for the heads-up on the FB groups. I'll look into them.
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Options
    Reboot going well, except this is "dissertation season", which means I've been on three dissertation committees in the last few week, and thus, three dissertation PARTIES. Food=great, WINE= not so great calorie wise. It should be slowing down soon, and meanwhile, each of those days adds one more day to my personal Phase 1.
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Options
    Moving along with my reboot. There's been a couple of wine slip ups (my weakness), so I'm now at 2 added days.
    Really enjoying the book. I had a heart scan etc. done a few years ago, so I'm enjoying reading the science behind that and the "good fats" part of the diet. The diet part of the book is a good refresher. Soon to start the workout part, which I assume will be an update of his "supercharged" book aka interval walking and Pilates/core.
  • silvergirl33
    Options
    Sabine, you are a source of inspiration. I've never been able to get motivated enough to do Phase 1. Phase 2 is more my speed, though these days it's hard to get motivated for that too!
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Options
    Sabine, you are a source of inspiration. I've never been able to get motivated enough to do Phase 1. Phase 2 is more my speed, though these days it's hard to get motivated for that too!

Phase one motivates me. I don't know why, it just does. Now, The wine isn't compliant. So that's the next goal: no wine during phase one. A cold glass of white wine on a hot summer nice is so nice. No wine last night, however!
  • magic71755
    magic71755 Posts: 3,771 Member
    Options
    If you guys are on facebook...Lulu has her own page...(it's ours, actually)

Lulu Lulu Come find us!

Today's Plan went like this:

black coffee
    plum
    celery and guac
    green juice
    cherries
    cauliflower/peas/quinoa/parm-regg mix
    carrot orange juice

That's a wrap! Night all.
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Options
    I forgot to say: I made it through my slightly extended reboot. It was a great idea. I'm being very mindful of eating low glycemic load foods!
  • silvergirl33
    Options
    Congratulations, Sabine. You have my admiration.