May 28 Weekly Challenge: Mindful Eating

Options
13»

Replies

• Michaela_LaGata
    Michaela_LaGata Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    Okay I am really trying more for mindful eating today. I found out that my challenges are when I am more stressed with demands, when I am tired or when it's later in the day.

Now that I know that I can try to be extra aware or mindful of my downfalls and vulnerable times in fact that's exactly when I need mindfulness and to just Center myself and calm down, focus and eat.

I hope everybody has a good day and please be mindful be good to yourself and people around you and take good care... you are worth it.

And yes this all of this especially goes for me .

Thank you for this board and for the support here it's so helpful. ❤
  • prgirl39mfp
    prgirl39mfp Posts: 3,154 Member
    Options
    I am doing the Beck Diet Solution workbook and there is a chapter on mindful eating. What a difference when you actually pay attention to how you eat, no distractions. It is amazing.
  • themedalist
    themedalist Posts: 3,215 Member
    Options
    So true, @prgirl30mfp. Eating is a completely different experience when you slow down and pay attention to the process. I've heard good things about Beck!
  • Michaela_LaGata
    Options
    So true, @prgirl30mfp. Eating is a completely different experience when you slow down and pay attention to the process. I've heard good things about Beck!

Me too. I'm going to look into it.
    Thanks for reminding me...just one more reason why Community here is so important.

• Michaela_LaGata
    Options
    Good morning everybody

Are we all still here on this wonderful forum?

I got the Beck book and I know it's based on good behavior change science and it's about changing what's in your head about food.
    ... not restricting your food.

Wishing everyone the best as we make our way through another day to the end of June.
    For myself I am concentrating on being honest and logging everything and stopping eating .
    closing kitchen.. and brushing teeth at 7:30 p.m.

Those behaviors will really help me maintain healthy eating and make progress.

With lovingkindness,
    M.
  • prgirl39mfp
    Options
    @Michaela_LaGata we can come back at any time to the old posts. Glad you are giving Beck a chance, as it has helped me tremendously. Great behaviors to have. The brushing your teeth really works. Thanks for sharing.
  • Michaela_LaGata
    Options
    @Michaela_LaGata we can come back at any time to the old posts. Glad you are giving Beck a chance, as it has helped me tremendously. Great behaviors to have. The brushing your teeth really works. Thanks for sharing.

Ok thanks for your support. Does this mean we should post on someplace new..is there someplace new? I'm clueless.
  • 77tes
    77tes Posts: 8,004 Member
    Options
    @Michaela_LaGata , there are several challenges. We post on Move It Monday thread on Mondays, then we have the Summer of Sleep thread where we chat daily about how our attempts at getting enough sleep are going. Then there is a weekly challenge. This week it is Accident Proofing. I saw that you posted in that thread already.
  • prgirl39mfp
    Options

Ok thanks for your support. Does this mean we should post on someplace new..is there someplace new? I'm clueless.

Every week we have a different challenge sort of speak, when you go to the group's main page you will see the message board and the word "new" whenever there is a new posted message. You can always go back to the old messages and add more info if you need to. Hope this helps.
  • Michaela_LaGata
    Options

Every week we have a different challenge sort of speak, when you go to the group's main page you will see the message board and the word "new" whenever there is a new posted message. You can always go back to the old messages and add more info if you need to. Hope this helps.

Thanks. Got it.😺❤
  • Michaela_LaGata
    Options
    77tes wrote: »
    @Michaela_LaGata , there are several challenges. We post on Move It Monday thread on Mondays, then we have the Summer of Sleep thread where we chat daily about how our attempts at getting enough sleep are going. Then there is a weekly challenge. This week it is Accident Proofing. I saw that you posted in that thread already.

Thanks so much.
  • themedalist
    themedalist Posts: 3,215 Member
    edited June 2018
    Options
    Thanks to @77tes and @prgirl39mfp for answering @Michaela_LaGata’s questions. It’s been a crazy week for me work wise and home wise and I always know this group is in great hands with friendly people who can help answer any questions that a new member might have.

Michaela, I personally LOVE it when someone returns to a challenge we did previously. Each of our weekly challenges is intended to help us “test drive” a healthy habit. Some of them will stick and some of them won’t. When people return to a previous challenge, it means it helped them in some way, and it might be something they want to keep doing. So please do post on any challenge that interests you and give us any updates!

It can be a little confusing as to why some challenges continue, while others and after one week. Move It Monday is part of every weekly challenge because the group just liked the idea If starting the week out with exercise. It is kind of cool to be part of an international effort to exercise on Mondays. The Summer of Sleep it’s just something I felt strongly about. Good sleep makes every aspect of our lives better. It’s worth the extra time and effort.

There’s another way to tell the weekly challenges apart from the ongoing challenges. The weekly challenges always begin with a date stamp. The date of that Monday that the challenge began. The ongoing challenges have no such date stamp.
  • prgirl39mfp
    Options
    Love this group!
  • Michaela_LaGata
    Options
    Thanks to @77tes and @prgirl39mfp for answering @Michaela_LaGata’s questions. It’s been a crazy week for me work wise and home wise and I always know this group is in great hands with friendly people who can help answer any questions that a new member might have.

Michaela, I personally LOVE it when someone returns to a challenge we did previously. Each of our weekly challenges is intended to help us “test drive” a healthy habit. Some of them will stick and some of them won’t. When people return to a previous challenge, it means it helped them in some way, and it might be something they want to keep doing. So please do post on any challenge that interests you and give us any updates!

It can be a little confusing as to why some challenges continue, while others and after one week. Move It Monday is part of every weekly challenge because the group just liked the idea If starting the week out with exercise. It is kind of cool to be part of an international effort to exercise on Mondays. The Summer of Sleep it’s just something I felt strongly about. Good sleep makes every aspect of our lives better. It’s worth the extra time and effort.

There’s another way to tell the weekly challenges apart from the ongoing challenges. The weekly challenges always begin with a date stamp. The date of that Monday that the challenge began. The ongoing challenges have no such date stamp.

Thank you❤🌹