Why are slim people slim?

Options
PaulaKro
PaulaKro Posts: 5,690 Member
Found this on "MAINTAINING WEIGHT"

Very interesting video. What do YOU'all think?
Paula
Just saw this ~40 min vid on youtube that asks and answers that question following two slim individuals with hidden cameras for a week:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GoRh5-gCCrc

I found it super interesting! Especially because neither of them are what I would consider really into fitness or nutrition. They both have what I see as some bad habits (for example, he eats his meals in front of the computer or TV screen, she doesn't "workout" at all).

But basically they have a high NEAT, sleep well, don't drink their calories, self-regulate over the course of the week (if they have a higher calorie day they eat less the next), among other things.

Bottom line is their CI = CO. And it's refreshing to see that in practice in "real lives".

Watch it and tell me what you think!

Replies

• zumbaforever
    zumbaforever Posts: 6,872 Member
    Options
    Puala I finally found time to view this. I wish I knew what all the food they were talking about were. I also love the idea of NEAT. I am having trouble trying to remember to move, tap or something more. :wink: working on it. And that the slim peeps did not have a higher than normal metabolism was interesting. Just means we CAN do this.

Shelley
  • cpanus
    cpanus Posts: 19,341 Member
    Options
    Yes, we can. Got about half way thru it.

Chris