Me Vs. the Binge -- June 2018 Challenge

Options
lamlamsmakeover
lamlamsmakeover Posts: 6,574 Member
Well this challenge is a challenge with yourself. The challenge is for you to win in the fight against "The Binge". Many of us struggle with binging and a few of us have found that making "The Binge" a person has helped us fight the emotions or urge to binge.

The objective of the challenge is to have more days for you (Me) than the "The Binge".

When you have a day you do not succumb to binge urges or binge give yourself (ME) a point. When you give in to the urge to binge you give 'The Binge" a point. No beating yourself up about it because tomorrow is another day. Honesty with yourself is crucial for it to help you and others.

So we keep score with ourselves the whole month. We encourage each other along the way. Please feel free to share your ups, downs, successes, struggles, etc. You will find you are not alone. See below for format. Feel free to use it or use your own format. This Challenge keeps you mindful of binging and the daily support and accountability helps also.

Check in often. The more you check and share the better you will do for the month. So are you in? You are stronger than “The Binge.” One day at a time.

Current month 2018:
Me (or you can use your user name or real name) - 0
The Binge - 0

Replies

• Hungry_Shopgirl
    Hungry_Shopgirl Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    Me: 1
    B: 0
    DBF: 3

A good start to the month!
  • Niki_Fitz
    Niki_Fitz Posts: 945 Member
    Options
    June 1
    Me 0
    B 1
  • emmairu
    emmairu Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    June, 2018
    Me: 2
    DBF: 2

Good luck everyone, we can do this!
  • Niki_Fitz
    Options
    June 2
    B: 1
  • Hungry_Shopgirl
    Options
    Me: 3
    DBF: 5
  • FaithIt365
    FaithIt365 Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    June 3

B: 2
  • brittdee88
    brittdee88 Posts: 1,874 Member
    Options
    June 2018
    B:
    DBF: 194
  • Niki_Fitz
    Options
    June 4

• brittdee88
    Options
    June 2018
    Me: 4
    B:
    DBF: 195
  • Nevadaden
    Nevadaden Posts: 971 Member
    Options
    June 4

B: 2
    DBF: 1
  • brittdee88
    Options
    June 2018
    Me: 5
    B:
    DBF: 196
  • Nevadaden
    Nevadaden Posts: 971 Member
    Options
    June 6

The B: 2
    DBF: 3
  • Hungry_Shopgirl
    Options
    Me: 7
    DBF: 9

Hey everyone, hope you are all having a good start to your month. If not, hang in there!

I started seeing a therapist last week and binge eating was one of the things we talked about. It's my first time talking to someone other than my DH about it and to be honest at first it kind of weirded me out. But fingers crossed it helps in the long run.
  • hillmike56
    hillmike56 Posts: 485 Member
    Options
    DBF: 1

Why look back any further than yesterday
  • SherryRueter
    SherryRueter Posts: 2,846 Member
    Options
    June 1-7
    Me:6
    Days BF: 6

Yesterday the B won because I had too many days where I was under my calories. Note to self, eating properly every day, instead of going and skipping meals should help me not Binge. Also, just having a reward at night of ONE sweet treat may also assist with my peace of mind, instead of hard restricting.

• brittdee88
    Options
    @Hungry_Shopgirl I sure hope you get everything you need in your sessions. Talking it out with a pro can be so helpful even if it is a bit uncomfortable at first.
    @SherryRueter I could only get my binges under control when I stopped skipping meals for a while. I was never a big square meal eater so I didn't think it was important, but almost immediately after I committed to 3 squares and no snacks, my binges came to an end. I only eat once or twice a day now, but that was after many months of eating properly as you mentioned. I hope it helps!
    @hillmike56 LOVE that quote. I am putting that on my chalkboard.

June 2018
    Me: 6
    B:
    DBF: 197
  • Llamapants86
    Llamapants86 Posts: 1,221 Member
    Options
    June 6
    Binge: 2
    DBF: 0

I was busy at work and stopped taking steps to avoid bingeing. I really need to be pro-active, or I set myself up for failure. Bottom-line is I let my excuses to binge overcome me.

I am picking myself up and moving on.
  • surfacetoair624
    surfacetoair624 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    June 8
    Me: 0
    Binge: 1
    Hi Everyone I have not been on this site for awhile. Since I just binged and now feeling awful, I decided that it was time to make a positive choice. I am happy to be here and to know that there are others like me who are working to make healthy changes.
  • SherryRueter
    SherryRueter Posts: 2,846 Member
    Options
    June 7:
    Me:6
    DBF: 6

• hillmike56
    hillmike56 Posts: 485 Member
    Options
    DBF: 2

The BINGE comes at me in the PM. I have to FAST after the last meal to keep IT in its cage. f9lwvx2o68u4.png No offense to any Arkanasa Razorback fans it just the best image I can find to represent my Binge Eating disorder.