Why do i Drink SHAKEOLOGY everyday

CoachChrisD
CoachChrisD Posts: 207 Member
Sometimes when I tell people the cost of Shakeology, they respond with surprise. They are used to seeing whey drinks at their local big box store that are fortified with vitamins and minerals and then pumped with about 200 calories via dextrose or high fructose corn syrup so they can be shelved and then sold for $34.99.
I do not try to explain that one bag of Shakeology has all the superfoods (and then about 60 more) that you have ever heard of in your life, all packed into one bag in a live, raw, whole food formula. I do not share that Shakeology costs $650 LESS than what you would pay for its ingredients individually at your local supplement shop (so not kidding). I simply say, Hey: I am on the lowest of low budgets. I get it. Here is how Shakeology ‘works for me 3 ways for about $3:
1. It’s my multi-vitamin. For the ladies out there, under the guidance of your doc you might feel you need to add a Cal-Mag supplement (I don’t because I get these in the rest of my diet, but I digress). But, besides this you’re generally good to go. Men, you too! (And, I say GENERALLY here, not because I am clueless, but because you might have some tropical disease we’ve never heard of and need more vitamin K or something, and then try to sue me because your case is one in a billion. So, please don’t try to sue me: you’ll see that I really AM on that tight budget! ).
In all seriousness, though, when it comes to supplements, let’s here and now make a resolution. Altogether: no more buying, ingesting, shelving-but-not-taking pill-form vitamins! Let’s get our nutrients from whole food sources our bodies can use, starting with Shakeology. The first reason is on account of your pee. Yep, you read right. One thing everyone notices, even if only the brave mention it, is that you never see Shakeology in the potty when you go #1. That’s because its vitamins and minerals are whole-food based, not fortified, and are highly bioavailable. In short, your body uses, instead of eliminates them. That means no bright yellow B-complex vitamins in ye old toilet. No literal flushing of your money down the drain. Good news, yes? (You should be feeling better already that you’re not going to buy something that your body refuses to absorb. Keep reading!).
2. It’s my recovery drink. Yep, if you are doing hard cardio for 30-60 min (and you are, right because you want to live past 59, RIGHT?), you need a recovery drink. It should have a carb to protein ratio within the 2:1 to 4:1 range. Why? LOTS of science going on with this, but briefly: right after we exercise our bodies need a modest amount of protein for tissue resynthesis (muscle rebuilding) and a goodly amount of sugars (fast and slow) for glycogen (sugar energy) restoration. Sounds complicated, but bottom line: you want to cut down on fatigue and muscle soreness? Do a recovery drink within the 30 min post-workout window.
Happily, Shakeology is an exceptional recovery drink. It has just enough protein to piggyback onto the sugars as they absorb into the system, no fat (the bod does not process fat very well right after exertion) and its normally-low glycemic load can be tweaked by adding by adding fruit juice and fruit. In fact, bonus: recovery time is the ONLY time I (and I suggest YOU) drink fruit juice, which is definitively high-gylcemic and usually not optimal for good health. So having juice is a treat in the first place and then putting it in your Shakeology after you work hard is not only a delicious experience, but a health boon. It not only TASTES good but FEELS great going down and gets right to WORK where your body needs it.
3. It’s my snack or a meal. I drink Shakeology as I get ready for the day, right after working out. My daily nutrition usually consists of three small meals and two snacks, so Shakeology generally fits in as a snack. But for me it is (and this may be an unofficial #4 reason) also a mental life-line after working hard or doing, for example, T25 on top of everything ELSE I do. I sometimes use it as a ‘carrot’ in front of me to get through workouts and classes, etc:” I GET to have a Shakeology when this is over! Yay!”
And with that my day is off to a fantastic, healthy, not-sore, cravings-free start.
So, it went by in a flash. Did you see what I just did? I mapped out how I hit three IMPORTANT daily nutrition points in 1 easy shake and for about $3: a multi-vitamin, a super-duper healthy snack and a recovery drink. Now, go price a breakfast bar, a multivitamin, a carton of chocolate milk and a sugary sports drink and then tell me that you can get them all for $3 and for about 250-300 pristine-clean calories. It simply can’t be done–I’ve tried it. Oh, you might be able to come close–say $5, which isn’t close. It’s almost double, I’m being kind here–but the nutrient profile of what you’d buy would be so differentiated from that of one Shakeology as to make you gasp. And you’d miss out on the huge cart-load of superfoods in Shakeology that have been carefully sourced and provided for you, even if you have less than a clue as to how they work, what they exactly are and where you might find them. (You COULD find out, though, if you want, just go here and surf around a bit).
Hey this next part is thrown in free of charge (which is funny, you see, because you are not actually paying for this post). In case you were wondering the reason many bars and sugary drinks and even cartons of milk are cheap-ish to buy, it’s that they tend to be loaded with chemicals, preservatives and heavens knows what else in order to give them max shelf life, mass appeal and quick turnover rates. They are engineered to SELL not HEAL. The whole POINT of Shakeology is to NOURISH and RESTORE the human body, whether that body sits at a desk all day long or sets world records in sprinting). This is why comparing Shakeology and all the above snacky foods is really quite silly. It’s like comparing apples to road apples, really (and if you’re not sure what those are, go ask a farmer).
The bottom line is, not how CAN you afford to drink Shakeology, but how can you NOT? If you eat more than boxed powdery cheese ‘pasta’ and worm-like dehydrated sodium-ramen, you can. I know. I’m (presently) as low budget as they come and I drink my Shakeology DAILY. I simply build my daily nutrition starting with Shakeology as the foundation. It’s the first item in my food budget. This is exactly what and where Shakeology should be.

Cheers to health!
Chris