Help - want to binge!

Options
baacissej
baacissej Posts: 32 Member
So this is my first time posting in this group... Only started 'dieting' on Friday and already feel the urge to eat rubbish, and I know it's not because my body craves it but because I'm getting down on myself and don't know what else to do. I'm so used to eating whenever I feel remotely negative but it's just making me fatter and fatter. I've never gotten past week 2 of dieting before and I REALLY want this time to be different. So I've come here in the hope a chat and some inspiration will deter me from emotionally eating!

Replies

• pattigorman
    pattigorman Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    It’s Ok to feel this way. It’s about you, not about a diet. Try to soooothe yourself instead of thinking food/binge. Think of the best things that have ever happened to you. Think about them just as though you going through it now. You could even close your eyes. Think of your stomach ...... is it growling? Feed it. If it has no feeling..... you’re satisfied. In your mind, give the “binging thoughts” to something or someone kind. My best energies to you! Patriciones
  • clsumrall1
    clsumrall1 Posts: 491 Member
    Options
    I’m finding that I used to binge eat but only”GOOD FOODS”. How silly was I that because it’s healthy it’s ok to eat whatever I wanted. My psychologist had me get a book End Emotional Eating. what a eye opener this has been. For me yesterday. I busted my butt cleaning the kitchen steaming the floor redesign the family room. And ending up burning over 200 calories. This is my new tool to stop binge eating. I must stay on track.
  • lauries3
    lauries3 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    I just started back at the gym and on this site. I've gained back 25 pounds since Oct after losing 135 total. As the scale is on the upward trend I become more distressed and want to eat thus making it a cycle. I eat out of emotion and stress. I am trying to learn the basics of running so I can do a 5k but I even find that stressful. Any suggestions?
  • mermaidnj
    mermaidnj Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    lauries3 wrote: »
    I just started back at the gym and on this site. I've gained back 25 pounds since Oct after losing 135 total. As the scale is on the upward trend I become more distressed and want to eat thus making it a cycle. I eat out of emotion and stress. I am trying to learn the basics of running so I can do a 5k but I even find that stressful. Any suggestions?

good for you starting back to the gym... If the five k seems stressful and stress is a trigger perhaps it is not the best time to participate. If you feel it motivates you then finding a way to manage the added anxiety seems like a good safety measure.. Whatever works for you music, meditation , time with friends curled up with a good movie... This now has me curious to the group what do you do to minimize stress..
  • Teamleslie
    Teamleslie Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    I started the app 5 days ago and Im failing miserably. I just went on a binge and I have no excuse.

Ive been looking on pinterest at different healthy habits. Maybe pick 1 to work on for the week and then add another the next week so its not overwhelming.

Another memeber mentioned stress. Maybe finding ways to ease your stress will help with the eating. For example, I journal and try to meditate for 5 minutes. Baby steps.