Like Minded Lushes - Summer 2018

Options

Replies

• rjadams
    rjadams Posts: 4,060 Member
    Options
    Hi all! Still here. I officially go back to work in 8\3\18. As long as the doc agrees on Monday. I miss you all and I am getting better.
  • ryzeman
    ryzeman Posts: 870 Member
    Options
    Robin- happy to see you are doing better! We have missed you!
  • SoCalWoman
    SoCalWoman Posts: 2,384 Member
    Options
    Hi Robin! So glad you're feeling better. :flowerforyou:
    Hot as hell here this week so I'm not moving much. Hope everyone is doing well :drinker:
  • SoCalWoman
    edited July 2018
    Options
    Look at my cute grand niece (and husband and son too)!
    Big family gathering yesterday. I drank champagne :|
    Did manage to exercise last week. Guilted myself into it after seeing Gary and Ann log so much! 2 weeks until our vacation. I'm going to try to keep it up!
    Hope all is well with you lushes! :drinker:

P.S. Sorry it's so big, I'm too lazy to figure out how to resize
  • ryzeman
    Options
    Great picture Syd! You have a nice looking family!
  • amcanzo
    amcanzo Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    Glad you're feeling better Robin!!
    Syd - I love your new pictures :)
    Gary - how was the wine?? ;)

My daughter and I drove out to Grand Rapids, MI for the color run this weekend. My first 5k :)
    We also did an escape room - super fun! and a murder mystery dinner. We had a great time. My downside - once I was back home, drank 2 heavy duty Founders beers (10.8% :o:# ) and had not yet eaten...oh boy! Kind of rough ending to my weekend, but other than that - great weekend!!
  • ryzeman
    Options
    The wines have been good! I prefer them over ice, not sure if that breaks wine protocol but with the temps in the 90s iced wine just sounds best! Still trying to get on track, mostly I have to not get down on myself for not doing my best.
  • SoCalWoman
    Options
    Congrats on the 5K Ann! I love the pic you posted with your daughter <3

Gary, I do ice in wine during the summer too. It's refreshing and (in my mind anyway) I drink less that way. No getting down on yourself! If today didn't work out the way I had planned I always tell myself tomorrow will be better. It almost always is :)
  • ryzeman
    Options
    Thanks for the encouraging words Syd! :)
  • SoCalWoman
    Options
    ACK! It's August already. Hope everyone is doing well.
    I did ok this week. Managing my diet (and booze) but I definitely could be exercising more. I've got all next week to be good and hopefully drop a pound or 2 before starting vacay.
    TGIF lushes! :drinker:
  • rjadams
    Options
    Back at work. Back to the grind. It is too hot up here to do much in the afternoon. Doug goes in for shoulder surgery on his left shoulder on Thursday. LimeAde and vodka with ice has been my drink of choice lately. I still haven't gained back the 5 I lost on leave. That is encouraging.
  • rjadams
    Options
    I Am starting to get my appetite back. I will probably gain back the 5 pounds, :angry:
  • ryzeman
    Options
    Best wishes to Doug on is shoulder surgery!
    Glad to see you are feeling better too!

Have a great time on your vacation Syd!
  • SoCalWoman
    Options
    Hope Doug's shoulder surgery goes well, Robin! I'm sure you all remember how much I b!tched about my shoulder. Not fun.

Thanks, Gary! It's been in the 90s for about a week and I'm ready to cool off at the beach. Been pretty good and dropped a pound which I'm sure will come right back. But I do plan on lots of morning and evening beach walks...maybe that'll make up for the booze and food and limit the scale damage.

What's everyone else up to? :drinker:
  • rjadams
    Options
    Doug's surgery went well thank you for the well wishes. I have been doing a lot of top down driving lately. The sun is out so much this year. Although there were some torrential rain showers on Saturday. It is supposed to be back to sunny all week.
  • kblue2007
    kblue2007 Posts: 2,564 Member
    Options
    Aloha all!! Gosh I have gotten to be pretty crappy about keeping up!!! I blame work 😉
    We have been pretty consistently drinking most days of week. 2-3 a night but still making it for work outs so I don’t feel too bad!
  • rjadams
    Options
    Aloha Kate.
    Hi all,
    today is Doug's birthday so there will be wine.
  • amcanzo
    amcanzo Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    Happy Birthday to Doug! Another Leo! My husband's birthday was Saturday the 11th, so alcohol was flowing... :# Glad Doug's surgery went well.
  • kblue2007
    kblue2007 Posts: 2,564 Member
    Options
    Happy birthday Doug!!!

Monday-0
    Tuesday-0
    And that’s probably the end of them....taco salad = margaritas
  • rjadams
    Options
    last night was one glass of wine and one vodka cranberry. Moderating.