Struggling

Options
djmom1984
djmom1984 Posts: 55 Member
I'm exercising every day. 30000 steps a day on fitbit, loads of stairs. I'm never hungry. I drink 100+ ounces of water a day. I eat a high protein diet. The weight won't come off! Went into menopause in August (periods stopped entirely) i ache every day at bedtime from activity.

Lost 35 lbs July to December last year. Put 8 back on and can't get the scale to move. Tried changing up routines to include weights (which I don't enjoy), giving myself cheat days, eating a more balanced diet. Nothing seems to work. Looking for more things to try that don't involve going to meetings or cost money. I want sustainable options.

Thanks!.

Replies

• tcunbeliever
    tcunbeliever Posts: 8,219 Member
    Options
    Are you doing measurements as well as the scale...it's possible you are getting smaller even if the scale is not showing a change.
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    djmom1984 wrote: »
    I'm exercising every day. 30000 steps a day on fitbit, loads of stairs. I'm never hungry. I drink 100+ ounces of water a day. I eat a high protein diet. The weight won't come off! Went into menopause in August (periods stopped entirely) i ache every day at bedtime from activity.

Lost 35 lbs July to December last year. Put 8 back on and can't get the scale to move. Tried changing up routines to include weights (which I don't enjoy), giving myself cheat days, eating a more balanced diet. Nothing seems to work. Looking for more things to try that don't involve going to meetings or cost money. I want sustainable options.

Thanks!.
    I can FEEL your frustration!! It's gotta drive you crazy.
    I hope things settle for you and you're able to lose. Several post-meno friends said that a year or two out things settled for them and they *could* lose again. Fingers crossed!
  • djmom1984
    djmom1984 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Are you doing measurements as well as the scale...it's possible you are getting smaller even if the scale is not showing a change.

I am, and that's not working either.
  • tcunbeliever
    tcunbeliever Posts: 8,219 Member
    Options
    I had great results with leangains, the macro calculator is here:

https://rippedbody.com/how-to-calculate-leangains-macros/

It's basically carb/calorie cycling...so on days you lift (3x/week) you eat way more food...on days you don't lift (4x/week) you eat way less food which is what creates the calorie deficit for the week...I struggle with hunger, though that doesn't seem to be an issue for you. I dropped 5% body fat in 12 weeks, it was AWESOME and once I got the hang of switching back and forth, pretty easy. (there's a "rest day offset" in my diary that I key in for the low days and my diary is open if you want to look)

I switched to keto for migraine control, I'm still doing the calorie/carb cycling, but with much lower carb levels and it's not working anywhere near as well for me for building muscle or shedding fat...soooooo sloooooooow...but it is controlling my migraines and that's a kind of magic all it's own...and there is progress, just not as much as before.

Might be worth a try, my mother did it for 12 weeks and didn't lose any on the scale, but she lost 5" on her waist which has to be better for your health...but, she quit because she didn't lose anything on the scale and she just cannot let go of the scale mentality.

You sound frustrated with what you are doing now, might be worth a shot. If you decide to try it, I would love to hear how it goes!!!
  • tmbg1
    tmbg1 Posts: 1,341 Member
    Options
    I've been struggling too... The scales are Really stubborn this time of life. I am trying to focus on health instead of weight loss for now which is making me feel better.