Welcome to New Members

HealthFitNow
HealthFitNow Posts: 1,205 Member
Hi Everyone,

As I see people join us, I would like to start welcoming them to our Bible Study. To the many who joined before I started this, please know that your name would be here, if I'd thought of it sooner. LOL

To all new comers: I wish you a grand Virtuous Living Bible Study Welcome. I hope you'll enjoy it here, find God's blessing and share your insights with us all.

To regular comers: Please take the opportunity to post your own welcome to them.

BTW, New members, please share a little something about yourself for us. It is always good to learn a name to call you by.

Welcome one. Welcome All.

Blessings,
ChapLynne

Replies

• HealthFitNow
    Welcome WalkbyFaith0314!

You have joined us recently. Please know you are most welcome to Virtuous Living Bible Study! Enjoy!

Blessings,
    ChapLynne
  • HealthFitNow
    Welcome LoveLifeatFifty!

You have joined us recently. Please know you are most welcome to Virtuous Living Bible Study! Enjoy!

Blessings,
    ChapLynne
  • HealthFitNow
    Welcome JoyfulTeach!

Blessings,
    ChapLynne
  • HealthFitNow
    Welcome aNewCreation84!

You have joined us today, August 6th. Please know you are most welcome to Virtuous Living Bible Study! Enjoy!

Blessings,
    ChapLynne
  • HealthFitNow
    Welcome GrannyGwen1!

We're glad you joined us. Please feel free to post something about yourself.

Tomorrow we will be adding your name to the prayer list--perfect timing! So it will be a good opportunity to tell us how we can pray for you.

Ask if you have questions. You are among friends.

Blessings,
    ChapLynne

I found GrannyGwen1 had posted on the board, so I copied and pasted.

REPOSTED FOR MY WONDERFUL FRIENDS FROM AROUND THE WORLD! WHAT HAPPENED TO MY OTHER TWO POST?? LOL OH WELL, THIRD TIMES A CHARM, HERES SOME "FOOD FOR THOUGHT" I HAD A WONDERFUL CONVERSATION WITH A FRIEND TODAY AND I JUST WANTED YOU TO KNOW MY MFP FAMILY OF FRIENDS THAT I HAVE FOUND ALL OF YOU TO BE VERY SUPPORTIVE AND KIND WITH LOVE IN YOUR HEARTS, EVEN WITH ALL MY SETBACKS,SOME TIMES I HAVE SEEN COMMENTS ON OTHER MFP POST THAT HAVE BEEN "HURTFUL", "SELF CENTERED", "MEAN", HATEFULL AND "KNOW IT ALL" ALL IN THE NAME OF "HONESTY" , AND MY HEART BREAKS..SOMETIMES ITS NOT ALWAYS "WHATS" SAID ITS "HOW " IT WAS SAID, AND HOW THE RECEIVING PERSON "HEARD" IT. AND ALSO WHAT IS GOING ON IN THE BACKGROUND OF THAT PERSONS LIFE, OR WHAT HAS GONE ON IN THE "PAST". HAVING CONSTRUTIVE COMMENTS IS ONE THING, BEING JUDGEMENTAL IS ANOTHER. I KNOW I WOULD RATHER HAVE A "FRIEND" ASK ME HOW MY DAY IS GOING ?, IF EVERYTHING IS OK? OR "WHY" IM EATING 900 CALORIES?, "WHY" IM NOT EXERCISING? ITS HARD SOMETIMES TO KNOW WHAT TO SAY TO HELP SOMEONE WHEN YOU SEE THEM SELF DESTRUCTING IN "YOUR" OPENION, BE KIND , BE SUPPORTIVE, ASK QUESTIONS, BE A TRUE FRIEND, BE HONEST AND SINCERE (WITH LOVE IN YOUR HEART) .. ENCOURAGE AND SUPPORT AND DONT FORGET WE ALL HAVE A "PRIVATE" MAIL BOX . I WILL BE PRAYING ABOUT THIS, AND HOPE THAT EVERYONE SEARCHES THEIR HEART BEFORE MAKING COMMENTS HAVE A BLESSED DAY, XXX GG IT ALSO MAKES ME SMILE WHEN I HAVE SEEN COMMENTS: "GREAT JOB" "AWESOME DIARY"AND THEN YOU OPEN THE DIARY AND ITS "BLANK" OOPS!
  • HealthFitNow
    Let's all give a warm welcome to our newest member: theLifeIlove1!

Check out her link http://www.myfitnesspal.com/thelifeilove1

See her post below:

About Me:

Wife, mother, grammy, child of God, living on grace. Lord, I thank you for this day and I thank you for this life.

Why I want to get in shape

Fighting having to go on diabetes medications and need to turn around a problem with an extremely fatty liver. Hope to live to see my great grandchildren.

To at last conquer this problem I have battled my whole life and to teach my family in the process.

My Inspirations
    •Restored health
    •My grandchildren
  • HealthFitNow
    Welcome to davestade7 Check him out at [url] http://www.myfitnesspal.com/davestade7[/url]

our newest member. He shares that he is starting his journey to health, as a diabetic.

I love his avatar which quotes the verse about mounting up on eagles wings.

We are ready to fly with the love of God...and soar with eagles and encourage him to achieve his goals.

Welcome Dave!

Blessings,
    ChapLynne
  • HealthFitNow
    Welcome to http://www.myfitnesspal.com/PINKSPARKLELIVES4EVERWITHGOD!

A great blessing and welcome to our newest member. We hope you'll enjoy the fellowship with our small but growing group.

Our mission is to spread the love and encourage everyone in his/her goals for health and fitness.

Blessings,
    ChapLynne
  • HealthFitNow
    Welcome http://www.myfitnesspal.com/doriharvey!

You have joined us today, Sept 1st. Please know you are most welcome to Virtuous Living Bible Study! Enjoy!

Share a little about yourself and let us know how we can best support you.

Blessings,
    ChapLynne
  • HealthFitNow
    Welcome to http://www.myfitnesspal.com/2Bmeis2Bstrong

our newest member. Greetings in Christ. Do feel free to share with us about yourself.

To our members: Make sure you remember to friend her. :)

Welcome and blessings,
    ChapLynne
  • HealthFitNow
    A big Virtuous Living welcome to Callie828!

We hope you'll share a bit about yourself and let us know how we can best support you.

Remember to friend her and you have a nice long list of people in our group you can friend, too.

Blessings,
    ChapLynne
  • HealthFitNow
    A big welcome to fredrjohns! http://www.myfitnesspal.com/fredrjohns

We're glad you have joined us. Let us know how we can support you best. Do feel free to friend all our members and we'll friend you back.

Blessings,
    ChapLynne
  • HealthFitNow
    Let's give a Virtuous Living welcome to adeluna76 http://www.myfitnesspal.com/adeluna76

Check out her profile and add her as a friend.
  • HealthFitNow
    We have grown today to 56 members with the joining of our newest member,

Jkurilla http://www.myfitnesspal.com/jkurilla

Please give him a big Virtuous Living welcome and do remember to add him to your friends list.

Blessings,
    ChapLynne
  • HealthFitNow
    Welcome to chloecats! We hope you enjoy participating in Virtuous Living.
    Do feel free to share some information about yourself here in this thread. It's okay to be private, too.
    We encourage our members to befriend each other, but we respect everyone's choice.
  • MissSharon2013
    MissSharon2013 Posts: 536 Member
    A big warm welcome to all of our wonderful new members! So happy to see our community growing with such devotion to our Lord!! Please feel free to add me. I WILL pray for you sincerely if you need it. I'm a private person myself; so I understand about not wanting your life all over the place, we moderators are sensitive to your prayer needs...and we are very trustworthy in that we keep your prayer requests that are private in privacy. I love you all and may God's good grace abound in your lives! If you want to add me, please send me a little note that you're from V.L. Because I am very cautious about who I add here; I may not remember where I know you from. Thank you so much and welcome again!!
  • I like to introduce myself. My name is Joe Kurilla. Thank you for inviting me in and providing a good forum for support. I am 51 years old, married for 22 years and have two beautiful twin boys who are on the Autism spectrum. They are 15 years old. I am struggling with weight and diagnosed with Type 2 diabetes. The last 7 years have been a struggle for many things that have happened to me. 7 years I was diagnosed with being Bi-polar, was out of work for 2 years but the last 2 years have been working full time. Big pay cut but currently working on achieving some certifications which would vault me into better paying jobs. 2 years ago had a huge blood clot, this past year I had shingles, diabetes diagnosis, hearing tested and loss of hearing in left ear. I try not to get overwhelmed and I am trying to increase my faith with God that these trials I am going through will get through. Please help me your prayers and support. God Bless everybody in this group.
  • HealthFitNow
    Welcome to our latest new members:

Canorth40! http://www.myfitnesspal.com/canorth40 Welcome and we hope you will enjoy the readings and feel comfortable participating.

KKS1987 http://www.myfitnesspal.com/kks1987 Welcome and enjoy participating as much or as little as you like.

We hope you will post a little about yourselves here.

And do remember that you can go to the members page here and make friends with us as individuals.

Regular members, let's give our new members a good welcome! and remember to friend them! You can use the links above to find them.

Blessings,
    ChapLynne
  • cdgirl
    cdgirl Posts: 158 Member
    Welcome Canorth40 and KKS1987!! May you be blessed as you participate w/us!
  • kks1987
    kks1987 Posts: 123 Member
    Good Morning All

Thank you for inviting/ Welcome me :)

My name is Kamla and I am 26 years old. I am a faithful believer in Jesus Christ. I am a positive, loving, caring, hardworking, and compassionate woman. I attend a Bayside of South Sacramento (BOSS) church every Sunday or Saturday service. I love going my Boss church :)

My health is a work in progress. I am blessed with one body in this lifetime, and I choose to treat my body as a temple. I want to be healthy again :) Here is my story..Well graduating college is supposed to be one of the happiest and proudest moments of your life. For me, this feeling was overshadowed every time I looked at my graduation photos: / And It is a wake-up call when someone you have not seen in a long time calls you pregnant when I am not. After being mad at people calling me fat (in my mind, I started thinking....If I wasn't eating so much junk food and be more serious about my weight loss then I wouldn't have such comments. Also seeing some of my family members have diabetes and high blood pressure is giving me motivation to get in shape.

Currently I weigh 156 pounds and wear a 10/12. I start eating less than I was normally, watching my calories intake and replacing every beverage with water. My goal is to exercise 5 day week for 60 minutes. I've become very conscience about what I put into my body.

I joined First Place 4 Health (FP4H) around July 2013 and it is a Christ-centered weight-loss and healthy-living program. I have meeting on Monday nights with my leader. It is just my leader and I in the group. We are on our 3rd bible study YAY. FP4H is unique because it aims to foster growth in all four areas of life—physical, mental, emotional, and spiritual. The basic time commitments are: weekly attendance at the group meeting; 20-30 minutes a day quiet time in prayer and study; 20-30 minutes 3 days a week in planned physical activity; completion of the ‘tracker’ daily or Myfitnesspal and turn in weekly.

FP4H is a full year commitments. Please pray for me to keep my commitments to meeting attendance, encouragement, pray/journal (Quite Time with God), scripture reading, memory verse, FP4H bible study, food plan (Myfitnesspal), & Exercise/Physical Activity. I am finding that my daily quiet time in prayer and study to be my source of strength in all the other areas of life. I am thankful for FP4H because my leader told me about Myfitnesspal.

Myfitnesspal has been a tremendous help keeping me on track with my goals. I am still not yet where I want to be, but I thank God, my family, and friends for their support because I am not where I use to be...So I started changing to my eating habits consist of reading labels and eating healthy. When I want something special, I've learned to eat it in moderation.

Ticking to a regular exercise schedule isn't easy for me sometimes. I work in an office were I use computers most of the day I am sitting down at my desk and I am staring at a computer screen; so walking would give me a break. I feel it is very easy for me to weight in my occupation. So I joined curves gym about 9 months ago and it was the best decision I've ever made. Lately I have been struggling to go to the gym :(. But my goal is to go to Curves Tuesday, Thursday and Sunday. I am struggling to walk on my 1st work break or lunch break I work.

I also I am trying to attend FREE Herbalife boot camps 2x a week with a friend on Wednesday night and Friday nights. Please pray for me to be more physical/or more committed to exercise. Honestly my mind is ready to get in shape for the New Years to come. I am Thankful that I add virtuous Living group to Myfitnesspal :) & you are more than welcome to add me as a friend.

Thanks again and have blessed day.

Love Kam