Six week follow up

Options
lozenger1984
lozenger1984 Posts: 166 Member
I had my six week follow up this week. Mostly positive but a few things needing a little work.

1. I’m getting 50% of my calories from protein which my dietician was pleased with but I’m not getting enough calories overall. I need to aim for 800 so working on a few more snacks.
2. Texture wise I’m definitely shying away from harder stuff after being sick immediately after eating chicken for the first time. I’ve been encouraged to try, try and try again to get back to a nice, normal diet rather than relying on shakes too much.
3. Horrifyingly my surgeon said some people only lose weight for the first 6 months which has really put the fear into me. I’m so scared to not lose enough or feel like I’ve failed at this opportunity. Trying to keep this in perspective. I am losing, I’m only just back to exercise after some post op problems. Hopefully it will come. I’d love to be able to predict my eventual weight loss though!

Have any of you further down the line experienced any of this or have any pearls of wisdom?