Switch from FMD to KETO...

Melissapaige1
Melissapaige1 Posts: 151 Member
i'M AFRAID THAT IM CONSUMING TOO MUCH FAT...i recently switched from fmd to keto, im not even sure im doing this correctly please help? Alot of my fat intake came from eating 170g of brie cheese today...i feel awful about that.

Replies

• kpk54
    kpk54 Posts: 4,474 Member
    What is your purpose for doing the Fasting Mimicking Diet or a Ketogenic Diet?
  • jheye
    jheye Posts: 36 Member
    I'm not that familiar with FMD but I understand it is low protein. Keto should be low carb, but normal protein- for most people 1 g protein/lb body weight is a good estimate. You can drop that to 0.8 g/lb body weight if you are sedentary or obese. Also, on keto, carbs are usually about 10% of daily calories, not 35-45% as on FMD.
    I'd suggest focusing on eating healthy meals prepared with keto ingredients like meat, fish, poultry, veggies with some dairy and nuts. You don't need to restrict healthy fats (saturated or monounsaturated), but you don't need to to out of your way to consume them. It may take a few days or a few weeks, but if you focus on eating healthy foods, you will begin to recognize signals of hunger and satiety. Since fat promotes satiety, you aren't likely to overdo it once you are more attuned to what your body is telling you.