Turned a corner - there is hope new keto-ers :)

Options
23rochelle23
23rochelle23 Posts: 269 Member
So today is day 26: 2 weeks low carb, 4 days just low cal as I was away and had crepes and ice cream, and just 6 days of Keto

I woke up this afternoon (post night shift) and am FULL of energy - around 4.5 hrs broken sleep and I woke up sans headache and bouncing (and as a bonus dropped 800gm in 24hr bringing me to a total of 4.6kg or 10lb). :D

Seems I have beaten the starting Keto lull - I’m itching to get to the gym today, gonna take the dog for a walk beforehand as well because I have all this energy... and then go and do a 12hr+ nightshift

I honestly have woken with more energy than I’ve had in ages and I am not a morning person by any means (I do some pretty intense shift work so am in a perpetual state of tiredness normally).

So if you’re new to it and feeling pretty blah to start with then persevere if you can!

Replies

• supergal3
    supergal3 Posts: 523 Member
    Options
    Good for you! Congrats!

• nvmomketo
    nvmomketo Posts: 12,019 Member
    Options
    Yay! :)
  • MaggieFinn
    MaggieFinn Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Fantastic! I'm sure your time eating low carb before starting keto was a huge help. Keep it up and keep us updated.
  • carlsoda
    carlsoda Posts: 3,412 Member
    Options
    Great to hear!!!
  • Phoenix_Dawn
    Phoenix_Dawn Posts: 64 Member
    edited June 2018
    Options
    I started low carb/keto while doing 12-16 hr night shifts and had the same experience. I had energy to spare for sure!
  • Running_and_Coffee
    Running_and_Coffee Posts: 811 Member
    Options
    Yay! Love the energy levels! Have that, too!
  • daylitemag
    daylitemag Posts: 604 Member
    Options
    Sweet! Also, good advice and motivation. There defo is an adaptation period which is real.