Easy Breakfast

Options
What are some quick, filling breakfast ideas that are your go to. I need something I can take and eat at work that is going to fill me up. I can only eat so many eggs :)

Replies

• Aplant77
    Aplant77 Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    I do 1/2 cup of 4% cottage cheese and 1/2 tablespoon jam. For such a small amount it is surprisingly filling and can get me through 3-4 hours before I enjoy a banana.
  • Janay333
    Janay333 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I like Jimmy Dean DeLights but that has egg in it. I also eat Balanced Breaks from Sorrento. It's basically nuts, dried fruit & cheese, but it's easy and fills me up until snack time.
  • jacoates1952
    jacoates1952 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Great. Will try this

• mummyontrack
    mummyontrack Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I have overnight oats now that the weather is warm:

1/2 cup oats, 1/2 cup (or more to your taste) fat free Greek yoghurt, sweetener of choice, fruits or protein powder and other additions like nuts, dried fruits, more yoghurt or milk of choice. (Even add stuff like chocolate chip, granola, maple syrup if you like).
    I make it the night before so I can just grab it and eat it on the go.
  • frb042277
    frb042277 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Toast with 1 tablespoon of peanut butter. Low fat yogurt with berries and oats. Really simple and filling.
  • Sarahfaster
    Sarahfaster Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    If you are looking for an amazing protein pancake recipe: https://www.jennifermeyering.com/chocolate-protein-pancakes/
    These are by far my favorite go-to breakfast item. I make them all one morning when I'm not too busy and then freeze the rest. Whenever I want them I just pop them into the toaster and spread peanut butter and sugar-free jelly on them. It's a guiltless protein filled breakfast! I also love eating them with plain greek yogurt!
  • lilojin
    lilojin Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I toast 1/2 high fiber English muffin, spread 1 tbs peanut butter, then cut up 1/2 banana and place on top of muffin. Sprinkle with lots of cinnamon,
  • Hearts_2015
    Hearts_2015 Posts: 12,031 Member
    edited July 2018
    Options
    Well some of these recipes do involve eggs but maybe in a different way than you've tried in the past? :D Hopefully you find something quick and easily on this thread that works for you! @katiewalski785

What's handy is these can be prepared ahead of time, frozen and then pulled out as needed, changing up ingredients for individual tastes.

https://youtu.be/QfInTDciCRU
  • isyvanek
    isyvanek Posts: 1,039 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the youtube video Hearts_2015! Those sound really good and quick and easy!
  • dawnmitchell314
    dawnmitchell314 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Special K Protein with some fruit. 10grams of Protein plus whatever the fruit adds.
  • MorningVeggie
    MorningVeggie Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    You can make some protein pancakes ahead of time and just freeze them. So when you're ready to eat them just microwave for a minute and your good to go!
  • MorningVeggie
    MorningVeggie Posts: 111 Member
    Options
  • cspicer1954
    cspicer1954 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    thank you these are great ideas how about English muffins slice in half use 1/2 cup Cottage cheese as topping with 2oz salmon
  • Brodie1948
    Brodie1948 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Weetabix, fat free yoghurt and Blueberries,
  • thepauldolby
    thepauldolby Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I do 1 piece of Rye bread toasted, with smashed avocado/feta mix and sliced tomato (3 slices).

If I'm having a gym day or extra exercise I will add a poached egg and drop the tomato.

Image attached to show the break downs, I'm doing calories so 225 for this I'm happy with, cheers.

usqfa1686m7k.png

• Zinka61
    Zinka61 Posts: 523 Member
    Options
    One of my favorite breakfasts is frozen, whole wheat pita, microwaved 1 minute and spread with 2 T. fresh ground almond butter and apple slices from 1/2 Pink Lady apple. It holds me til lunchtime.