Adrenal Issues combined with all endocrine issues -- which came first, the chicken or the egg?!

Options
2»

Replies

• KnitOrMiss
    KnitOrMiss Posts: 10,104 Member
    Options
    @KnitOrMiss I have had horrible stomach issues my entire life. first peptic ulcer in the 4th grade. Irritable bowel symptoms- the cramps and the repeat BMs ruled my life. When I found out I had RA i started taking cucurmin. I have not had a single episode since. There are studies out there about the effectiveness of it for gut issues, ulcers, inflammation etc. You have to take a standardized extract, preferably with Meriva which is a brand name, if you will, for the standardized extract which has been treated so it can be absorbed. The brand I get costs about 30 dollars a month from amazon. I am always fearful of taking meds because of my stomach but this stuff is great. I started out with a cheaper brand that had piperine (black pepper) in it for absorbtion, but it gave me heartburn. Give this a read. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5664031/

@rnjenny8599

I've been taking Turmeric with BioPerine for the better part of a year or two, usually 900-2000 mg, depending on which form it was. Sometimes I could "taste" it in a burp, but if I timed it right with a meal to maximize absorption, it didn't bother me. Some brands are better than others in that regard. I usually just order whatever brand is the best deal on Amazon. It has had no effect on my gut health that I know of. And honestly, I can't double or triple the cost I am currently paying for a different form...not at present. Maybe after open enrollment, if I can get things straightened back out some...

But thank you for the article. I'll definitely read into it...

And I never had any digestive issues that I know of until I was pregnant and after. Which is 18 years ago...but I'll be 42 next month, so... Now my daughter, she developed GERD under high stress in 4th grade, but that is 95% resolved...
  • KnitOrMiss
    KnitOrMiss Posts: 10,104 Member
    Options
    Thanks @canadjineh and @PaulaKro

I appreciate it. Right now, I've given up for now on the mystery, as my mental energies are drained. I have to wait for the next round of spoons, methinks.

But sincerely thanks for all the uplifting thoughts.