Looking for Friends

Hey, I'm starting my journey towards wls, hopefully gastric bypass. Looking for a support group that I can cheer on as well! Hope to hear from you soon!:flowerforyou:

Replies

• sadiegirl32
    sadiegirl32 Posts: 181 Member
    Welcome to the group!! Lots of great info and people here! Good luck on your journey and welcome to your new life!
  • kvandeman
    kvandeman Posts: 527 Member
    Good luck with the process. I am three weeks out from my bypass.
  • LolaBug85
    LolaBug85 Posts: 201 Member
    Good luck with your journey! I'm 3 months post-op RNY. Feel free to add me!!!
  • teresa7926
    teresa7926 Posts: 121 Member
    Welcome and best wishes as you work through the stages. I am 5 weeks post sleeve. Feel free to add me.
  • Hi All! I just had RNY on 7/23. I've been on this site for a while, just never looked into the message boards until today. I'm looking forward to getting to know some people that are going through the same things I am. Please feel free to contact/add me so we can talk. :smile:
  • Cheryl188
    Cheryl188 Posts: 114 Member
    I'm also just starting my surgical journey. Planning the gastric sleeve. Great to have more friends for support and encouragement. :happy:
  • annwyatt69
    annwyatt69 Posts: 727 Member
    Good luck with everything!!! I am almost 11 months post gastric bypass and it has been almost too easy for me. I hope it all goes as well for you. I am on MFP every day, log everything I eat, and most of my exercise. I think MFP has been a huge key to my success--and education. Learn everything you can, don't wait till your surgery date to start changing your habits. Get your focus on before and everything post op will come so much easier. Again, hope everything goes smoothly for you!
  • I am many years post op and I am so supportive of by pass. Is it a successful way to lose weight? Absolutely. Is it easy? No, not at all. Does it stay off? Nope. Its only a tool.

This group looks like it may be a support group, which is what I need. I do log in daily to MFP but I need to communicate with another human being regarding the daily toils and troubles that we all face.

When I had my surgery there were no groups to join. Nobody to talk to. Everyone thought that bypass was the easy way out to lose weight. Well perhaps for some, but for me it hasn't been. I am a food addict. Bypass is a tool and I can chose to use it as a tool or a weapon. Depending on where I am in my life at the time, I have used it as both.

On a good note, I am baaaaaaaaaaaaack. Only have 22 more to go and I am so determined. I feel like I am back on the cloud that I woke up to when I came to after surgery.

Oh what a relief it is.

Jaqui
  • Good luck with your journey, 'I had RNY July 22,2001