Recipes: Favorite Keto Desserts

CaitMinusWeight
CaitMinusWeight Posts: 26 Member
edited June 2018 in Social Groups
What are some of your favorite Keto snacks? Please share! Also, I'd you could provide a general Carb, Protein, Fat count per serving, that would be amazing, but not required in order to share. Thanks!

Replies

• CaitMinusWeight
    edited June 2018
    One of my favorite and easiest desserts is:

Keto Mouse

To make Keto Mouse you'll need:
    • 8 oz. Cream Cheese (softened)
    • 1/2 c. Sour Cream
    • 3 tbs. Heavy Whipping Cream
    • .3 oz. Box of Sugar-Free Flavored Jell-O (you can use pudding, too, but it usually has more carbs)
    • (Optional) Your favorite artificial Sweetener (with Jell-O I don't use it, but with pudding, it helps.)

Then just mix together! I use a hand mixer.

Makes about four 1/2 c servings which may not seem like much, but this is a heavy mouse. You could even use it as a pie filling, but I would double the recipe for that.

BEWARE: If you end up using different brands then I used, it may alter the Nutritional values.
    If you used the exact same brands (pictured below), nutritionally, each serving would approximately be:

Carbs: 3g
    Fiber: 0g
    Fat: 26.8g
    Protein: 4g
    Calories: 304

I got the Heavy Whipping Cream and Cream cheese from Aldi, the Jell-O from Giant Eagle, and the Sour Cream from Walmart.
    as7h70dj3bn0.jpg

Enjoy!
  • Ronniesaurus
    Ronniesaurus Posts: 4 Member
    Just started making my own keto desserts so I only have these 2 to share for now.
    Both were well received by my non-keto family members; shared them for Father's Day since my father has to be low sugar.

Keto Pound Cake: https://ruled.me/keto-pound-cake/
    Keto Ginger Snap Cookies: https://ruled.me/keto-gingersnap-cookies/
  • CaitMinusWeight
    Oh my gosh, I have to make the ginger snaps! I love them and have missed them!
  • cake628
    cake628 Posts: 4 Member
    I haven't made these yet, but it looks amazing!

Homemade Nutella like fat bombs
    Ingredients: 1/2 cup of each: walnuts, pecans, brazil nuts, 1 cup macadamia nuts, 3 tbsp mct oil, 3 tbsp coconut oil, 2 tbsp vanilla extract, 2 packets stevia, 2 tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder.

Blend all ingredients in blender on high power till made smooth creamy consistency.

Made 1.5 cups (375 ml) total. Which equals 25 tablespoons

Total macro nutrients for 1.5 cups: 2874 calories, 20 grams net carbs, 36 grams protein, 304 grams fat.

Macro Nutrients per tablespoon: 115 calories, .8 gram net carb, 1.4 gram protein, 12 grams fat
  • Ronniesaurus
    Not a recipe, but Enlightened ice cream is pretty keto friendly.
    The mint chocolate chip is net 5 g carbs and the chocolate net 4 g carbs per 1/2 cup serving.
  • jrmie333
    jrmie333 Posts: 149 Member
    The mint chocolate chip is net 5 g carbs and the chocolate net 4 g carbs per 1/2 cup serving.

Where can I find it plz? I have suck a sweet tooth.
  • carlsoda
    carlsoda Posts: 3,428 Member
    ^^ You can also take this recipe omit the Vanilla, blueberries and sweetener and make yourself a mug biscuit. :)
  • Ronniesaurus
    jrmie333 wrote: »

I got mine at my local Acme, but I've seen Enlightened in most grocery stores.
  • jrmie333
    jrmie333 Posts: 149 Member
    jrmie333 wrote: »

I got mine at my local Acme, but I've seen Enlightened in most grocery stores.

Thank you
  • zonnebloem69
    zonnebloem69 Posts: 29 Member
    The above recipies sounds nice but still wondering about the sweetener. I started today can I already add that to my food or wait until I am well on my way. Please advice
  • jbutler9402
    jbutler9402 Posts: 7 Member
    Avacodo brownies
    2 large eggs
    1 medium, ripe, hass avocado (3/4 cup)
    1/4 cup melted ghee (lard or coconut oil)(I use coconut oil)
    3-4 tbsp unsweetened, unsalted almond butter (or sunflower seed butter for nut-free)(I use 4 tbsp smooth almond butter)
    1/2 tsp baking soda
    1/4 tsp salt
    1/3 cup Swerve (erythritol) or preferred granulated sweetener (coconut palm, maple sugar etc)(i use 1/2 C stevia)
    1/3 cup cacao powder
    1/2 tsp vanilla extract
    I usually throw a handful of walnuts or pecans in there.
    Blend together then add nuts. Don't over mix. Bake on 350 25-30 mins.
    Cut into 8 squares
    nutrition (without nuts)

Serving Size: 1 squareCalories: 152Sugar: (alcohols) 4.5gFat: 13.8gCarbohydrates: 10gFiber: 1.73Protein: 3.9g

*I found this recipe on Pinterest and have made it multiple times. It really helps with the sweets cravings. Even my toddler likes them!
  • zonnebloem69
    zonnebloem69 Posts: 29 Member
    Whipped Avocado butter (from a Facebook page, not mine)

Ingredients
    Avocados
    Lemon or lime juice
    Lemon or lime zest
    Butter
    Salt
    Whipping cream
    This recipe very forgiving
    Use a food processor, put in your avocados, lime juice ( is sweeter) or lemon juice .I used 5 avocados against 1 lemon , 1 whole block of butter, salt (to taste) , 150 ml of whipping cream.
    You can adjust all the ingredients according to your taste.. the whipping cream helps mellow down the tartness/sharpness of the lemon juice.
  • skinnydiane66
    skinnydiane66 Posts: 8 Member
    carlsoda wrote: »
    I posted this on the main message board a few weeks ago and it's my go-to breakfast almost everyday. I LOVE it:

Blueberry Mug Muffin

*4 tablespoons Almond Flour

*1 teaspoon sweetener of your choice. I use Swerve which has zero calories/carbs and I usually use a little less

*pinch of salt

*0.25 tsp baking powder

*1 Egg Large Whole

*0.5 tsp Vanilla or almond extract or any flavoring

*1 tablespoon Avocado Oil or Butter melted

*1 tablespoon frozen wild blueberries

Here's the easy part. Mix everything but the blueberries in a large coffee mug (I use a fairly straight mug since it's easier to remove your muffin) and mix well with a fork. Once thoroughly mixed add in the frozen blueberries. Microwave for 1.5 - 2 minutes. Each microwave is a little different so use a toothpick to make sure it's cooked! Use a knife to loosen it from the mug and place on a plate. Let it cool a bit and enjoy. YUM!!!

I have used the base recipe to make chocolate chip muffins, strawberry muffins, etc. It's very versatile! I also throw a pinch of cinnamon in too and it makes it very flavorful!

This version is about 380 calories and the almond flour makes it filling and healthy!

What's the hard part? Besides getting the mug clean in the dishwasher of course! Lol!