Bitter sweet

Options
brittanyterry1
brittanyterry1 Posts: 10 Member
edited June 2018 in Social Groups
Been on keto since may 10th and have lost 20 pounds. The husband told me "you keep losing weight like that and you won't be the fat one any more I will be." It was bitter sweet to hear. But onward to my goal 40 pounds to go :)

Replies

• cgcrutch
    cgcrutch Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    That was rude... men are supposed to have a lower body fat percentage. That doesn't make u the fat one, that makes u a woman compared to a man
  • cgcrutch
    cgcrutch Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    Tell him he's already the fat one cuz he not supposed to be fat lol >:)
  • Running_and_Coffee
    Running_and_Coffee Posts: 811 Member
    Options
    People can just suck.
  • kpk54
    kpk54 Posts: 4,474 Member
    Options
    Things slip out sometimes. I'm 64. I told a young 26 year old that he looked young for his age. His response was, "Everyone probably looks young to you". He then gasped because while he kinda sorta meant it and it kinda sorta was/is true...but he kinda sorta wished he had said nothing or phrased it differently.

I wouldn't worry about your husband's comment. I doubt he meant it to be hurtful. Cool that you're losing! Onward!
  • brittanyterry1
    Options
    3o95xtttdeki.png
  • brittanyterry1
    Options
    The last one was two weeks ago. 15 pounds lost and the 1st was 2 days ago at 19 lost
  • KnitSewSpin
    KnitSewSpin Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your weight loss. It took me a year of keto to lose 30 lbs. you are doing great. Don’t let anyone get you down.
  • nvmomketo
    nvmomketo Posts: 12,019 Member
    Options
    You are doing a great job. Keep it up! Make his joke true. ;)
  • kpk54
    kpk54 Posts: 4,474 Member
    Options
    Looking great @brittanyterry1 !
  • brittanyterry1
    Options
    Thank you all ♡♡♡
  • laneybird
    laneybird Posts: 532 Member
    Options
    @brittanyterry1 You look great! My fiance, who is very supportive, joked the other day that he didn't want a skinny woman in his bed :D I am far from skinny and never will be, however it is nice that he's noticed so many changes.

I agree, make your husband's joke come true!
  • KnitOrMiss
    KnitOrMiss Posts: 10,104 Member
    Options
    3o95xtttdeki.png

@brittanyterry1

Excuse me, but you looked like this, and he was calling you the "fat one?" I sure hope that is an inside joke. You look like you have a little bit of tummy weight, maybe from having kids?

Like seriously??

I know that SO's have many jokes together, and in my house, my OH calling me a "short little fat girl" is a term of endearment. That's a long story, but it's just his goofy nickname for me. I could probably get down below 150 and he'd still tease me like that. But it is NEVER used offensively... So yeah...

I don't know why this bothers me so much. Women are BIOLOGICALLY supposed to have a small poochy belly. It's the fat stores we carry in order to be able to procreate, even in times of famine, to carry on the human race. Without extreme action, a woman's belly is not BY DNA meant to be flat. It can even cause back problems!!!!

So, hugs - you're looking great. Don't let his comments, funny or not, supportive or not, stop you from taking care of your own health and wellbeing.
  • Xerogs
    Xerogs Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    Sometimes we guys just say stupid *kitten* without really thinking about what we are saying. It was a back handed compliment but it's hard to tell if it was mean spirited (resentful) or just a bone head thing not well thought out from your post. Don't let it get you down either way just keep doing what your doing and be an example for your husband, that is what I do for my wife. Our marriage is in a better state when I am happy and healthy even if she is not on board at this moment.