Fitbit & MyFitnessPal not syncing

Options

Replies

• pogiguy05
    pogiguy05 Posts: 1,583 Member
    Options
    The one solution I found was to use another app called PACER that syncs with fitbit for steps, then connect PACER to MFP and use it for steps and it has been syncing for me.
  • momicelh
    momicelh Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    What is the best way to add exercises in the MFP when your fitbit Steps aren't syncing? I don't want to lose all the calories earned from my steps when they aren't showing up in MFP. I don't think I can add the steps directly. Any suggestions?
  • neptune201219
    neptune201219 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    It has not been syncing well for a week yesterday. Since yesterday into today has been the worst but this issue has been prevalent since over a week.
  • Flyingfingers51
    Flyingfingers51 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    My Charge HR is also not syncing tonight. Worked just fine yesterday. Are they working on updates again??? Just happened last week too!!!???
  • dcpassmore
    dcpassmore Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Mine not syncing today or yesterday
  • lfso
    lfso Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Sigh....Here we go again. Mine is not syncing either. The help post says delays. I haven't had it sync in 2 days unless I disconnect/reconnect.
  • momicelh
    momicelh Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I tried disconnect/reconnecting. It synced for a couple of hours, then stopped again.
  • leahward34
    leahward34 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Super frustrating. For me, disconnecting and reconnecting is forcing a sync, but only for the current day. For yesterday, which is when the issue started for me, I scrolled my Fitbit history to find a day during which I burned roughly the same number of calories as yesterday, then
    I looked at that day’s MFP adjustment of calories earned. Then I logged a custom exercise with a duration of 1 minute in which I “burned” that exact number of calories. It got me in the ballpark. Hope they address this soon. My Fitbit earns me snacks. I can’t live without snacks!
  • heybales
    heybales Posts: 18,842 Member
    Options
    momicelh wrote: »
    What is the best way to add exercises in the MFP when your fitbit Steps aren't syncing? I don't want to lose all the calories earned from my steps when they aren't showing up in MFP. I don't think I can add the steps directly. Any suggestions?

The calories and steps have nothing to do with each other on MFP.

Steps is merely a number, like amount of glasses you drank of water.

Calorie burn for the day is what is needed for MFP to do the math.

What is your normal deficit - 500 calories say?

Look at your Fitbit stat for calories burned - subtract 500 - eat that much.

Later in the day you'll of course be able to eat more as you keep increasing daily burn on Fitbit.
  • psicocat
    psicocat Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Any news as to when sync will be up again??
  • janzindler
    janzindler Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    My Fitbit hasn't synced since Friday 6/22/18 and am glad for this Community group so I know I'm not alone! Very frustrating, especially since I broke a step record Saturday and was looking forward to see how well I did. Hope it's fixed soon!
  • chench53
    chench53 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Mine also still not syncing since late Friday/Saturday. In the past, once fixed, it all caught up so I'm hoping for the same resolution. Soon. :)

Gerry
  • Mrsjhw
    Mrsjhw Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    As someone said earlier, mine syncs if I disconnect it from MFP then reconnect it. Annoying but better than nothing I guess.
  • jcollert1959
    jcollert1959 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    My ChargeHR hasn't synced fully since Friday as well. Wish we could get an update on when this will be fixed.
  • psicocat
    psicocat Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    I've disconnected and reconnected and still nothing grrr
  • Black_Ambrosia
    Black_Ambrosia Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Dwacky wrote: »
    I'm as p*ssed off about the lack of communication from MFP as I am that it is actually not working (I'm plenty mad that it's not working, mind you). This is an important issue for MFP, just based upon how many of their customers rely on that sync every day. They should be more forthcoming in communicating with us, so we don't feel ignored. Customers who are neglected tend to find an alternate source for what they need.

I agree. I've been considering switching from the fitbit alta to the motiv ring but was hesitant because the ring isn't compatible with MFP. I didn't want to lose the history and data in MFP by switching to another platform but if MFP isn't performing then there's no reason to hang on. If there isn't resolution and better communication then I'll probably jump ship.

This combined with their refusal to track net carbs for low carbers like myself is very frustrating.
  • flyinion
    flyinion Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Well it was working this morning/afternoon now it seems broke again. Not sure if this is really MFP or Fitbit but at this point I'm going apple watch in the fall (for more reasons than just this) and hopefully that will work better
  • jaysuter1
    jaysuter1 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I was able to get it working yesterday by unlinking the 2 apps though the websites and signing out of fitbit and mfp on my phone then relinking them on the web and then loggin back into them on my phone... it worked for 1 day and now its broken again.
  • lisasumpter560
    lisasumpter560 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Glad I’m not the only one with this issue of Fitbit not syncing with MFP. Does anyone know if MFP is aware of this issue?