Recomp success stories?

Options
Niki_Fitz
Niki_Fitz Posts: 945 Member
edited June 2018 in Social Groups
I haven’t posted in a while. I’m a great maintainer, suck at keeping a big deficit, but I’m happy with my weight and size. I got back under pre-preg weight and size and now I just want to lose a little more fat. So I decided to recomp, keep a tiny deficit and lean out. I had some great results in the first 9 months but it’s slowing down now. I feel like I need hope at this point haha. Anyone kept up with body recomposition long-term? Any success stories?

Replies

• HoneyBadger302
    HoneyBadger302 Posts: 1,974 Member
    Options
    I purposefully recomped for several months when I was able to return to regular workouts. Then, happier with my muscle mass, decided to focus more on losing the extra fat (I'm still over where I should be weight wise).

Originally I was thinking a steeper cut and drop the weight faster, but the hangries hit hard and fast, so I've accepted it's going to be a slow loss road - currently around a pound a month, so not terribly far off a recomp.

It's slow. It gets discouraging. There are days I think it's just not worth it all the effort for such slow progress (the muscle gains are much slower now as well).

Meal Prep is helping me keep from going over, and I'm trying to focus on that right now to help make my life easier and keep me headed in the right direction.

Fitness training is easier to keep up as I need it for my sport, so that is the driver for me there. Skipping workouts can and does sometimes happen when life gets crazy insane, but the desire to be back at it doesn't go away.
  • catgerm
    catgerm Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I’m not sure if this is considered recomp, but I had lost my pregnancy weight and wasn’t really exercising until the end when I got to maintenance.

I got into yoga and was “maintaining/gaining” because I stopped logging. So now that I am logging again and still doing yoga, I’m seeing a big difference in my body.
  • sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    Options
    I'm following this thread because I am really interested in long term recomp. The longest I've gone is 3 months and it just didn't work for me and my goals.. but at some point I want to give it a real go.
  • Niki_Fitz
    Options
    I purposefully recomped for several months when I was able to return to regular workouts. Then, happier with my muscle mass, decided to focus more on losing the extra fat (I'm still over where I should be weight wise).

Originally I was thinking a steeper cut and drop the weight faster, but the hangries hit hard and fast, so I've accepted it's going to be a slow loss road - currently around a pound a month, so not terribly far off a recomp.

It's slow. It gets discouraging. There are days I think it's just not worth it all the effort for such slow progress (the muscle gains are much slower now as well).

Meal Prep is helping me keep from going over, and I'm trying to focus on that right now to help make my life easier and keep me headed in the right direction.

Fitness training is easier to keep up as I need it for my sport, so that is the driver for me there. Skipping workouts can and does sometimes happen when life gets crazy insane, but the desire to be back at it doesn't go away.

I’m dropping about a pound a month too. Nice to have the athletic goals to motivate you. What’s your sport?
  • mom23mangos
    mom23mangos Posts: 3,070 Member
    Options
    I know I'm being hypocritical because I'm usually the one complaining about wanting to defluff (when other people don't see fluff), but @wellnesschaser, you HAVE an amazing physique and I don't see where you have any fat to lose! I would say just keep doing what your are doing and see what changes your daily activities have on your body a year/two/three years from now.
  • Niki_Fitz
    Options
    @mom23mangos thank you; I am just a few BF points from what bikini ready feels like. Realistically I’m happy to cover up a little this year - I’ve got some super cute beach dresses- and yup, keep working for next summer and on.
  • HoneyBadger302
    HoneyBadger302 Posts: 1,974 Member
    edited July 2018
    Options

I’m dropping about a pound a month too. Nice to have the athletic goals to motivate you. What’s your sport?

Nice. It's not fast, but it's manageable.

I road race motorcycles :D

kbj66omz1ike.jpg