Fell off wagon for a while and trying to restart

Options
sbtripp
sbtripp Posts: 44 Member
Trying to remember; I'm 64. I have my macros set at 25 carbs, 110 fat and 80 protein. Is that reasonable?

I have left for the day 12 cabs, 93 fat and 56 protein. For me the hardest part is deciding what to eat. Any suggestions for dinner? Thanks all. I am going to try to lose the 15 I gained back of the 48 I had lost.

Replies

• WholeFoods4Lyfe
    WholeFoods4Lyfe Posts: 1,518 Member
    Options
    What is your TDEE? Are you male or female? Doing the math, your macro breakup seems to equal about 1400 calories, give or take, is that accurate? With 15lbs to lose, you want to make sure that you aren't eating too little.

It's hard to make specific meal suggestions without knowing what kind of foods you like to eat. If you are on Instagram, feel free to check out of my profile. I follow a Keto diet and post most of my meals @Podtastic_Eats
  • kpk54
    kpk54 Posts: 4,474 Member
    Options
    My recollection is: female and lives in my county on the other side of a big lake maintained by the Army Core on Engineers. But I'm 64 too and sometimes my memory fails me. :p

Crackslaw. My answer to all meals is crackslaw. Quick and easy. Go light on the cabbage and heavy on the ground beef. Many recipes on line. Or throw a burger on the grill and top it with some cheese. I like mushrooms and a get onions with mine. For weightloss hitting macros precisely isn't required. Keep the carbs low and hover around your calorie goal.
  • nvmomketo
    nvmomketo Posts: 12,019 Member
    edited June 2018
    Options
    kpk54 wrote: »
    My recollection is: female and lives in my county on the other side of a big lake maintained by the Army Core on Engineers. But I'm 64 too and sometimes my memory fails me. :p

Crackslaw. My answer to all meals is crackslaw. Quick and easy. Go light on the cabbage and heavy on the ground beef. Many recipes on line. Or throw a burger on the grill and top it with some cheese. I like mushrooms and a get onions with mine. For weightloss hitting macros precisely isn't required. Keep the carbs low and hover around your calorie goal.

!!!

I've been keto for three years - THREE YEARS - and had never heard of crack slaw before! How could this be? It looks brilliant... Why didn't I think of that!?

Welcome back. :)

I vote crack slaw...
  • tammyfranks2
    tammyfranks2 Posts: 290 Member
    Options

!!!

I've been keto for three years - THREE YEARS - and had never heard of crack slaw before! How could this be? It looks brilliant... Why didn't I think of that!?

Welcome back. :)

I vote crack slaw...[/quote]

I know but i found it and I will make it tomorrow !!!!
  • kpk54
    kpk54 Posts: 4,474 Member
    Options
    Crackslaw. It is really great stuff and super easy. There was a conversation a while back about it.

If you don't want to do the "Asian Style" with the sesame oil/soy sauce, just change it up. DH and I like it with Italian Sausage/Italian herbs. Or a Mexican version.
  • camtosh
    camtosh Posts: 898 Member
    edited June 2018
    Options
    I did a fat fast a few weeks ago to recover from a party weekend away... lost the 2 kg I gained in water weight plus the 2 kg I gained over last December's feasting! kinda boring but it works. Put me into ketosis for sure, which I often fall out of doing my lchf 50grams of carbs WOE. http://holdthetoast.com/content/so-what-happened-me

edit to add this link too, says meals can be spaced out more: https://ketodietapp.com/Blog/lchf/My-Fat-Fast-Experiment

Also love crackslaw! made 2 last weekend, which I have been eating all week -- one with ground beef and tomato puree, and a 2nd with diced chicken thighs and shoyu/ginger sauce.
  • PaulaKro
    PaulaKro Posts: 5,690 Member
    Options
    4mfd25adqpl9.jpg
    crackslaw ....omg so good and like 4 carbs net
    plus i told my kids I got noodles for it , so they would eat it and those are bean sprouts LOL
    LOL! :laugh:
  • nvmomketo
    nvmomketo Posts: 12,019 Member
    Options
    :D LOL
  • canadjineh
    canadjineh Posts: 5,396 Member
    Options
    If you want to make it a BigMac crackslaw you can add 'special sauce' to it: mayonnaise, sweet pickle relish (hopefully low carb if you can find one) and yellow mustard whisked together with vinegar, garlic powder, onion powder and paprika.
    If you can't find low carb sweet green relish, sub in regular dill relish plus a bit of sweetener to taste.