Introductions

Options
13»

Replies

• melichalupa
    melichalupa Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    Hello All,
    My name is Melissa. This is my first time here at UAC. I am excited to get started today. I have a about one month to jump start my fitness before my wedding dress comes in for the wedding in October. I am really looking for positive folks, I have been on MFP for years and always have the bad luck of finding unhelpful people. So if your positive feel free to add me. Good luck to everyone.
  • molly3210
    molly3210 Posts: 804 Member
    Options
    Happy to be back for July! I completed foir months of UAC so far but due to vacation in May/June got derailed in my daily logging. Back on the grid now and ready to get back to normal!
  • realalize
    realalize Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Greetings, I've done this challenge once before sometime last year. I had invasive surgery at the end of February and needed to take a few months off from exercising to recover. I have gained a little since then, but am mostly frustrated with my stamina. While trying to get back on the workout wagon last month, I fell ill (just an upper respiratory infection) but it seems to have taken me a couple weeks to recover. Now that my health is improving due to the surgery, I finally want to lose that weight I've gained over the past 5 years. Have been going up and the past few years. I'm 35, 85 kilos, longing to be strong and healthy.
  • countrycreek
    countrycreek Posts: 753 Member
    Options
    I am going to do my best day by day! I have the 1/2 half of 2018 to make my goals a reality starting on July 1. Cheers everyone!

What I ment to say..I have the second half of 2018 to make my goals. :)

Good Luck everyone!!
  • MadisonMolly2017
    MadisonMolly2017 Posts: 10,987 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone!
    Nice to see returning friends and excited newcomers!!

This is my 4th month, and I believe UAC has been the key to my successes. I’ve been in the Winner’s Circle in April, May, & June. May was the hardest as I had to use my Pass Day’s early in the month. I definitely work hard to not use them before mid-month or later!

I have a goal of 60 minutes of exercise on average a day (because of National Weight Registry’s data on successful maintainers.) If I’m slightly sick or worn out or tired, I get up, telling myself, “You can certainly go for a 20 minutes walk!” (& then I end up walking 45, 60, or 90 minutes with my pumping music!!) UAC has saved me many a day with my exercise!! I’ve even headed out after dark once or twice!

I have always tracked everything. I want accurate data AND the result for me of not recording would be a new calorie limit that is lower than what it could be!

Calories. You get to set your calorie limit each day. I have set mine to up to 100 calories over my Apple Watch total of active & resting energy (ie calories burned.) If I want to lose, I change this goal for the day to a deficit.

I truly believe that the daily habits we are practicing, along with this very positive group of folks, will lead to our longterm goals and better health.

Thank you Rick and Craig for being such great, inspirational role models!!
  • yellobird13
    yellobird13 Posts: 118 Member
    edited July 2018
    Options
    I’m Eva and back for a second month, although I don’t plan to track for the last 10 days, due to travel. My goals for this month:

Track July 1-19 and back on August 3.

Exercise every day - mostly yoga and a few runs

Stay calories most days, tracked or guessed. Aiming for no more than 3 cheat days in terms of calories.

Meditate every day.
  • lessn00
    lessn00 Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    I'm Kati and this is my 3rd month in the UAC. I've been tracking on MFP for years but had never done a challenge on it before. I had done Fitbit challenges and those were fun.
    This one though was so perfect for a well rounded accountability.
    It worked better than imagined.  I was in winner's circle May and June and had incredible results with both scale and NSV.
    The people in the group are so positive, healthy and interesting!  I love reading the posts.
    I have monthly personal goals and for this challenge my goal was to do it for 18 months until I reached maintenance.  Now I'm starting to think even keeping it up after that would be good and enjoyable for me.
    For now, first things first...conquer July!