How to determine Macros

Options
Tootie512
Tootie512 Posts: 12 Member
Hello everyone,

I am new to the Keto lifestyle and have been researching all things Keto at the suggestion of my OBGYN. My birth control of choice has had me gain 50 lbs and it is a struggle to get it off. I've done Whole 30 before and had great results but found it too restrictive for my liking. Knowing that everyone is different, how do you determine what your macros are for Keto? I will be seeing a nutritionist soon to see what they come up with. My activity level will be increasing over the next few weeks as well as I will be going to Orangetheory Fitness as well as training for my next half marathon.

Replies

• queenemma12
    queenemma12 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Congrats on all the big steps you are taking @Tootie512 !! I too had a weight gain after changing birth controls. I had an IUD and it was like my emotions, my weight, and my sanity were all controlled by the foreign hormones. I gained +60 lbs and cried constantly in the first 3 months of having it. :s

As for macros, I used Perfect Keto's Calculator to come up with mine. I don't know if the numbers it gave me are spot on but for me anyhting is a positive change from not doing anything. Seeing a nutritionist is such a good idea.
  • marykayking2020
    marykayking2020 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I also use the Perfect Keto's calculator. It is pretty accurate.
  • KristinLeeD
    KristinLeeD Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    I like the calculator on mindyourmacros.co

Also, the Facebook Page "Ketogenic Dieters" has a great chart on their pinned post. (along with every piece of information you could ever need to be successful with Keto)
  • tifano
    tifano Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    I have been keto for 18 months and this way to figure my macros is what's best for me. I've never felt better than when I do when I follow this way to eat my macros

http://commonsenseketogenics.com/what-is-tdee-how-to-figure-it-out-and-what-is-the-point/