Recently restarted my journey

Options
nadean1980
nadean1980 Posts: 50 Member
Hi all, I recently restarted my journey a couple months ago, in May. I’ve lost 11.6 pounds so far.

SW: 183.4
CW: 171.8
GW: 155 (First Goal Weight)
Ultimately i want to between 125-130 pounds

Low Carbs seems to be the only thing that has helped me in the past so, I am back at it!

I am one of those who is tired of being tired all the time, and depressed and grumpy all the time. I want to feel better and more confident. Especially, since my wedding day is fast approaching this September 22nd!

But I hope to make some new low carber friends so feel free to add me.

Replies

• LiftHeavyThings27105
    LiftHeavyThings27105 Posts: 2,086 Member
    Options
    Welcome aboard, young lady! I follow the Ketogenic Lifestyle because I have high A1C and am insulin resistant. I trust that you are well past the process where the "Keto Flu" (and someone already made this comment, so I am stealing it....but I would like to talk to the people who came up with this term!) is not part of your potential worries?

Wanna hear a fun fact (about me)? Gonna share anyway....

September 21st is my divorce date! LOL! So, something ends on one day and another thing starts on the following day! :-)
  • kcc0101
    kcc0101 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hello!! I am new here myself! Started Keto today actually... I am trying to navigate how to get the best out of this app in tracking my macro nutrients.. i am excited for the journey to come and any tips are appreciated!!
  • nvmomketo
    nvmomketo Posts: 12,019 Member
    Options
    Welcome. And congratulations on your success do far as well as your approaching big day. :)
    kcc0101 wrote: »
    Hello!! I am new here myself! Started Keto today actually... I am trying to navigate how to get the best out of this app in tracking my macro nutrients.. i am excited for the journey to come and any tips are appreciated!!

My tip is to make sure you are getting at least 3000 to 5000 mg of sodium a day. There's 2300 mg of sodium in a tsp of salt. It will help you avoid the electrolyte imbalance that many call the keto flu. ;)

And check out the stickies that the mods put together. It's a great resource.

Welcome to the group.
  • auroralaura69
    auroralaura69 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Hello! I am back on the wagon too. Just started a 90 day challenge for Keto, but ultimately is will not be 90 days, but the rest of my life! Good luck to you!
  • abbyweaver1975
    abbyweaver1975 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Hi! I have been here for about a month I guess. I am new to the Keto lifestyle (not diet) myself. I don't have any advice yet, but hopefully we can learn and succeed together. I am doing good so far, but have stopped losing. I work out with a trainer because I have back and neck troubles. I am keeping my carbs down, but I don't seem to be losing anymore. Any suggestions?
  • nvmomketo
    nvmomketo Posts: 12,019 Member
    Options
    Hi! I have been here for about a month I guess. I am new to the Keto lifestyle (not diet) myself. I don't have any advice yet, but hopefully we can learn and succeed together. I am doing good so far, but have stopped losing. I work out with a trainer because I have back and neck troubles. I am keeping my carbs down, but I don't seem to be losing anymore. Any suggestions?

Are you fairly new to your exercise routine? There is usually some water retention when muscles are being worked.

I once had the experience where I had to stop a three month weight routine due to injury. Within 2 weeks of stopping I suddenly lost 10 pounds. So my losses were there, there was just some water making that fact.
  • kpk54
    kpk54 Posts: 4,474 Member
    Options
    kcc0101 wrote: »

Waves from Cary. :)