New to Keto

Options
Travlindiva
Travlindiva Posts: 3 Member
Hello All, I'm new to Keto too and would like to know how do I set my macros on myfitnesspal?

Thanks for your help.

Cyndi

Replies

• Re_Banana
    Re_Banana Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    MFP uses percentages for carbs/protein/fat where as it best to track grams as you want to be under "X" grams of carbs a day.

If you haven't already you will want to calculate your macros. I use this website keto-calculator.ankerl.com

In my fitness pal I set the carb grams as the maximum. My protein at the minimum and my fat somewhere in the middle of the min and max. With keto, carbs are a limit, protein is a goal, fat to satiety.

With my fitness pal you will just need to work the percentage to get the grams you are looking for.

Keep in mind that my fitness pal calculates total carbs and you will only be concerned with net carbs (carbs-fiber=net carbs) so you would just need to manually calculate in your head when looking at your nutrients for the day.

Hope this helps :)
  • nvmomketo
    nvmomketo Posts: 12,019 Member
    Options
    Welcome. :)

Go to My Home and then click on goals. You should be able to change your calories and macro percentages (in 5% intervals). If you get premium you can set your goals more specifically, but not everyone needs that.

As stated, MFP does show total carbs but you can change to net carbs on PC's using this:
    http://cavemanketo.com/configuring-mfp/
  • mommafruitcake
    mommafruitcake Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    WELCOME! All your questions were answered, so just wanted to say HELLO!!! <3