Veronica's omad journey

Options
veranj25
veranj25 Posts: 24 Member
Hi everyone
I'm veronica,
Start weight: 299.2 lbs , 5' 8"
Goal weight: 187 lbs
I have struggled with my weight eversince I had my daughter 7 years ago. I have tried several diets e.g. Atkins, I have failed to stick with it I always end up bingeing on carbs :( , I read about intermittent fasting last year and even tried it I found it easy to do but I usually overate when I ate. Im fully committed to do omad as I have some health problems, pcos and macro adenoma tumor. I need to take my health seriously and I'm hoping by the help of this community I can finally lose weight.
I will be weighing in once a week and will have my omad at 5 to 6pm
Today is day 1 for me wish me luck xo

28 June 2018 - 299.2 lbs (136kgs)

Replies

• zoopis94
    zoopis94 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I wish you luck and welcome!

Looking forward to seeing your progress
  • veranj25
    Options
    zoopis94 wrote: »
    I wish you luck and welcome!

Looking forward to seeing your progress

Thank you
  • EstrangedTiger
    EstrangedTiger Posts: 543 Member
    Options
    Welcome!

• brittdee88
    brittdee88 Posts: 1,874 Member
    Options
    Welcome, and I wish you all the best! I am looking forward to following along on your journey.
  • veranj25
    Options
    Thank you guys, is it normal to feel soo hungry second day? I'm supper hungry I really need to try and keep myself busy
  • Brendalea69
    Brendalea69 Posts: 3,863 Member
    Options
    Yes it's normal and it will get better just stay busy like you said. I used to drink lots of water and chew gum during my fasting hours and it helped a lot!
  • veranj25
    Options
    Yes it's normal and it will get better just stay busy like you said. I used to drink lots of water and chew gum during my fasting hours and it helped a lot!

Ok thanks yes the water is helping
  • brittdee88
    Options
    I find the first 3 days to be the hardest with any diet change for me, and especially on the night of the second day. You made it through that, so you've got this!
  • veranj25
    Options
    brittdee88 wrote: »
    I find the first 3 days to be the hardest with any diet change for me, and especially on the night of the second day. You made it through that, so you've got this!

Your right it's a mind game but can be overwhelming , the weekend can be so difficult for me but I have planned to stay on omad for atleast the first 21 days so that means no exceptions on weekends for now. *fingers crossed*
  • mistymeadows2005
    mistymeadows2005 Posts: 3,737 Member
    Options
    Hi Veronica! Welcome! Sorry it took me so long to welcome you, end of the month in the mortgage business is crazy with a Capital C! It is kind of hard the first few days but you'll get so used to it that you won't even notice it, and then you'll notice how freeing it is to not to worry about food during the day... Trust the process run the play you'll be fine ;););)
  • veranj25
    Options
    Hi Veronica! Welcome! Sorry it took me so long to welcome you, end of the month in the mortgage business is crazy with a Capital C! It is kind of hard the first few days but you'll get so used to it that you won't even notice it, and then you'll notice how freeing it is to not to worry about food during the day... Trust the process run the play you'll be fine ;););)

Thank you for the welcome and the encouragement I appreciate it😊
  • brittdee88
    Options
    Sending you all of the ((positivity)) for your first 21 days!

• DarthWaderMT
    DarthWaderMT Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    welcome! good luck! the first week is usually the hardest for most people, for me it was around the third week. So be prepared and resolve to stick with it, it really works!
  • veranj25
    Options
    brittdee88 wrote: »
    Sending you all of the ((positivity)) for your first 21 days!

Thnks😊
  • veranj25
    Options
    welcome! good luck! the first week is usually the hardest for most people, for me it was around the third week. So be prepared and resolve to stick with it, it really works!

Thank you
  • veranj25
    Options
    It has been hard but I have been sticking to it. I think my body is getting used to it
  • catuccifranco08
    catuccifranco08 Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    Yes it takes anywhere between 4-7 days! But it will get easier and your body will adapt to go without food to your schedule eating window! Keep up the great job we all started were you are at. Keep watching Joes video to stay positive and motivated! Good luck you got it in the bag....👍
  • veranj25
    Options
    Yes it takes anywhere between 4-7 days! But it will get easier and your body will adapt to go without food to your schedule eating window! Keep up the great job we all started were you are at. Keep watching Joes video to stay positive and motivated! Good luck you got it in the bag....👍

Thank you
  • zoopis94
    zoopis94 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    That's an awesome head start! Good job.