Intermittent fasting & type II?

Options
kymmit
kymmit Posts: 13 Member
I have some non-diabetic friends that have had great success losing weight through intermittent fasting. I understand that there are multiple forms of this, mine are using the 16 hour fast 8 hour 8. Meaning they only eat during certain hours (12-8). Does anyone know someone with type II that has done this? My blood sugar is currently managed by Metformin (1500 mg daily), diet (moderate carb, < 100-120 per day) and exercise (50 minutes cardio intervals 4-5 per week). My last A1C was good (5.2) but my weight just doesn't budge. I know weight isn't the most important factor in maintaining healthy blood sugar ranges, but it sure would help.

Replies

• rmac18
    rmac18 Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    I do IF basically by skipping breakfast each day. I’m Type 2 Diabetic and on Metformin as well though I have found I don’t tolerate carbs well. I went on Keto at 20 grams of carbs per day. I find this works really well for in terms of managing blood sugar and losing weight. I do have coffee with a TBSP of sugar free creamer and MCT Oil but that’s it after 8PM until Noon the next day. I find I’m not hungry and it’s easier to keep calories in check.