New to Keto and finding my groove

Options
saresimsr36
saresimsr36 Posts: 128 Member
Hi all,
I'm 3 weeks into keto and have been trying to do it on my own. I have so far lost 14lbs. I'm super excited!

Replies

• kpk54
    kpk54 Posts: 4,474 Member
    Options
    Welcome!
  • iceneyes
    iceneyes Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Great Job!
  • nvmomketo
    nvmomketo Posts: 12,019 Member
    Options
    You're off to a great start!
  • PaulaKro
    PaulaKro Posts: 5,698 Member
    Options
    So nice to have more folks to be excited with!
  • saresimsr36
    saresimsr36 Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    I made the keto peanut butter cookies, will take some getting used to but I can live with that!
  • inkedupgurl
    inkedupgurl Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Hi all,
    I'm 3 weeks into keto and have been trying to do it on my own. I have so far lost 14lbs. I'm super excited!

I too am new and I am struggling. Without wanting to exhaust you, would you mind listing a typical day of food that you are consuming? Are you exercising? Are you taking supplements? Are you eating treats? I need basic, bare bones help. Thanks! And thanks for sharing :)
  • kpk54
    kpk54 Posts: 4,474 Member
    Options
    Hi all,

I too am new and I am struggling. Without wanting to exhaust you, would you mind listing a typical day of food that you are consuming? Are you exercising? Are you taking supplements? Are you eating treats? I need basic, bare bones help. Thanks! And thanks for sharing :)

1) Keep carbs low and mostly above ground vegetables.
    2) Hover around your deficit calorie allowance.
    3) keep your sodium intake to around 3000-5000 mg daily if you have no medical need for low sodium intake.

Exercise, treats, supplements are perhaps "nice to do" not "need to do" things.
  • nvmomketo
    nvmomketo Posts: 12,019 Member
    Options
    kpk54 wrote: »
    Hi all,

1) Keep carbs low and mostly above ground vegetables.
    2) Hover around your deficit calorie allowance.
    3) keep your sodium intake to around 3000-5000 mg daily if you have no medical need for low sodium intake.

Exercise, treats, supplements are perhaps "nice to do" not "need to do" things.

Great advice. :)

If struggling, I might consider avoiding treats for a while. I don't know about you, but treats were part of the reason that I became heavy. ;) breaking that habit helped me eat less.

If hungry, feel free to eat more (fat and protein) for a day or so. Following hunger seems to work better for me when very low carb. I might have a day or two of 2000 kcal but it is often followed by a day or two of lower calories. Within reason of course.
  • Foggiblu
    Foggiblu Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I’m getting ready to start too and had many of the same questions. I’m very excited and thanks all for sharing